Could We Please Be Allowed at Least 2 Published Dungeons?

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

I've found two ways of actually being able to publish more dungeons.
    1. Getting awards.
    2. Buying maps from Dungeon Maker section
    As for other ways I have no clue but, I can publich 3 maps right now on a single character.
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Jaxl wrote:
    Welcome to the new Nickel And Dime operation.
  3. ARCHIVED-intoXILE Guest

redwoodtreesprite wrote:
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing....rather boring, uncreative and impossible dungeons getting "Top in Creativity" and such, when others have obviously put some serious thought and effort into their dungeon just to get whacked with bad reviews. It's the same with the housing leaderboards though. I really don't think there is anyway to fix this issue, it's just something we have to live with...but seriously, if people would actually judge fairly, you could find the REAL "Top in Creativity" and "Top in Style", instead of just garbage after garbage.
    Not to toot my own horn, but I thought I made a pretty good dungeon. Worked on it over a few days. Totally customized the look and made the mobs interesting. It wasn't too tough or too easy, I test ran in frequently so it ran smoothly. And yet, just after 5 hours of being published, I had 1 and a half stars in both catagories and one just published right before mine was 5 stars in both catagories. I ran the other persons dungeons and it was a sloppy mess of randomly placed items, and the mobs were tightly grouped in sets of 10 (i.e a deathtrap to soloers). *sigh*
    If people judged fairly, they would realize it was for THEIR benefit as well. If someone in your guild makes a crap dungeon, don't just give them 5 stars because they're in your guild. Am I wrong?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lyndro-EQ2 Guest

Yes, that is my mistake for using too few words. You buy them from the dungeon maker marketplace for dungeon maker tokens. We wanted people to "earn" the right through dungeon maker to publish more dungeons.
  5. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

Lyndro-EQ2 wrote:
    But two to start would be much fairer. That way we can work on one and playtest it while the first one builds ratings.
  6. ARCHIVED-DuneWarrior Guest

Lyndro-EQ2 wrote:
    Let me see if i get this straight, you want me to earn the right to make MORE dungeons by making me RUN other peoples dungeons, so i can get tokes, so i can PURCHASE things for those tokens in order to EARN .......
    Ill fix it for you "We made another Timesink"
    Sounds like yet another artificial timesink to me ... so many things i dont get around EQ2-Dev logic, i wonder if it have its own section at urban dictionary yet....
  7. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Not that I have tried, but I wouldn't think, that earning 200 tokens is very difficult when some dungeons reward 30 to 80 tokens for a run. If that run can be completed in an hours time getting 200 tokens is not that daunting a task. Using those tokens to "upgrade" your dungeon making abilty would "seem" to go hand-in-hand with the desire to use the DM tools in the first place. Tokens are also rewarded based on ratings and leaderboards, afaik, so you're not required to run other peoples dungeons if you make a populor one yourself.
    It seems like is quite a self-sustained system for those that wish to participate in it.
    The only real question would be; What is the maximum number of dungeons which you can have published at a time? There are only so many Map-upgrades to buy (w/ DM tokens) and if those allow one additional published dungeon when purchased you'll only get to a certain maximum allowance.
  8. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Zaktull@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Something I think you are missing is that this entire game is one large timesink. Its whole purpose is to keep people occupied and entertained. They arent asking you for real money; they just want you to spend your time using this feature and (omg) earn the right to make your dungeon look the best it can. This "hand me everything" attitude is wildly out of control these days imo.
  9. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Zaktull@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You also get tokens for people running your dungeons. Just FYI.
  10. ARCHIVED-intoXILE Guest

digitalbandit wrote:
    I woke this morning to find that one of my dungeons on Oasis earned me 85 tokens while I slept. :D
  11. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I hate this concept. Seriously.
    If you want to make something "restricted" like that, you should unlock 1 dungeon per map we own, so 6 possible dungeons when starting, and 1 more for every new map we obtain.
  12. ARCHIVED-Arkenor Guest

I do seem to be able to publish two dungeons, and I haven't won any awards or anything. (awards in my category appear to be for people who make dungeons so difficult that only their alts are willing to put themselves through sufficient pain to rate them).
    It's probably just that the map you got with the CE was enough, so it looks like non-CE folks will only have to buy one map, for 200 tokens, to get to 2 publishable dungeons.
  13. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

Here is the big flaw in using awards to give extra dungeons to publish. It rewards the cheaters, the ones who know how to rig it so their dungeons are at the top of the list when the awards are determined.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=511664
    Awards mean nothing when this sort of manipulation can and is being done. Don't be so stingy in limiting the dungeons we can publish. Start us with at least 2, and give us 2 for every layout we barter for. For that matter, let us barter for extra dungeons we can publish. I would even spend SC for extra slots.