Could we have a recipe for an inherited repair robot ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I do think that raising tinkering to 350 on one character should be enough to allow all your character to use one.
    It takes minimum dev-time : copy the recipe of the robot, change the product to be inherited and raise if you want the cost in rare materials.
  2. ingenius Member

would be swell and would save me the time it takes to get 2 more toons maxed not to forget bag space from repair kits but it is the main reason to even tinker nowadays so i would like if it gave the tinkerer another tinkerer only perk or two to balance things out a bit more.
  3. Seiffil Active Member

in short...no
  4. Arnfield Member

Either that or make tinkering worthwhile. It seems like a deprecated tradeskill without only a couple barely useful things outside of the repair bot.

If tinkering is dead, make the bot heirloom. Or decide tinkering is not dead and give a valid reason for doing on more than one character besides "Just because.......grind?"
    Kalika and Milliebii like this.
  5. Milliebii Well-Known Member

Actually most tradeskills are like this now. Very few items outside of Carpentry (for housing) have retained their original worth.

These days every time some new 'tradeskill' thingy happens it is available to all tradeskillers regardless of kind. Even the new "grandmaster" spells will be craftable by all tradeskillers with the only advantage being skill level for Jewelers, Sages and Alchemists for making grandmasters for particular classes.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes before mana stones and heart stopper became usable by anyone tinkering was something you
    could consider doing, and raiding guilds could even require it (for the mana stones).

Today the skill is mostly useless, you may carry repair kits don't you ?

Currently, none of my alts will ever be a tinkerer.

Either make the boot heirloom (to keep an incentive to have one tinkerer) or make it tradable and RIP tinkering.
  7. Gudum Active Member

The repair robot is tradable (and has been for as long as I can remember). There are five listed on the broker on Freeport at the time I'm writing this, and the recipe still shows it as Mastercrafted Attuneable, no restrictions on trading.

The title of the discussion is a bit misleading, because the real complaint is that it requires tinkering skill to use it.

What might be a more acceptable solution would be a daily tinkering task, similar to the adorning task, just to make leveling tinkering a little less boring.
  8. Gudum Active Member

Now that I think about it, what they are asking for is to make the repair robot heirloom, and drop the tinkering skill requirement, which would make it non-tradable, but still require that you level tinkering on one character so you could make it. There would also need to be a no-commission tag on the recipe.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap i took that shortcut, this is what i meant.