Could we get some fresh stuff for dungeon maker?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by suka, Sep 19, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

Like the ability to create ring events with a boss at the end. The ability to transport to different parts of the dungeon. Multiple floors. the ability to raise the level of all of the mobs on a floor more than one level, A way to make them stay up on a floor i built or in a room i built without aggroing through floors and walls. a way to group them so that only they come and not the whole room. A way to make some of them only come if you pull them- non aggro. And a way to control the pathing better.
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Maybe there's hope now that they have parted out AoD. They might try harder to get people to buy the DM part. Ohhhhhh I hope I hope I hope!!!! (New stuff for DM pleeease! ^_^)
    Scripted events being made doable and line of sight being fixed would be a dream come true! ^_^
    Ever played Neverwinter? I was watching my hubby play it and the Foundry there is awsome! XD I tried playing that game, but the camera mechanic made me sick and there was no way to fix it. :\ But i like it here best anywho. XD
    Unlockable doors would be cool. Maybe quests we can make with rewards.
    I keep thinking though, the more cool stuff they give us to do with DMs, the more likely people would find exploits. >.< Exploiters.. the big kibosh on a lot of fun things. :\
    I'd love some new spawners though. >.> there's a set of NOTD spawners that's been stuck in limbo for a year or 2. :\ You can see the titles and examine window on EQ2u, but they aren't in game yet. :\
    (Check EQ2u, find Hipnotoad on Crushbone server and the spawners that are still grey are the ones not available in game. Hellhounds, raven, satyr, scarecrow, and succulent.) Love that site. XD
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

speaking of dungeon maker I would really like it if the dungeon maker items dropped solely in Dungeon Maker. I hate my bags being plagued with 100 Dungeon Maker Orc mobs that I already have added to my toolbox on every character in my 4 accounts and are worthless on the broker so I have to sit there for 20 minutes destroying them. I would be much happier if they only dropped off mobs IN DM that way while I am enjoying those dungeons I can get rewards specific to them and while I am out in the regular dungeons I do not receive those items. Please and thank you.

Also would be nice to have a better way of knowing which spawners we have already added to our toolbox and which we have not.
    suka likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

there are some satyrs in the game- probably not the same as those- but they come out around valentines. they are the shard of love items
  5. suka Well-Known Member

yeah a type of label much like the ones on collectables and lore and legend would be nice and i wish the rest were tradeable- i have a ton of the orc bosses and the activators in my bank - i hate to destroy them but i don't see a reason to keep them.
    Avianna likes this.
  6. Avianna Well-Known Member

I would still like it better if the DM items dropped solely in DM. Here are my reasons I would like it.
    1.) The mobs in DM would drop something rather than nothing till you zone out for some exp and tokens. So it would make the DM more appealing/exciting to get loot from the mobs in there.
    2.) It would compel people to create different types of dungeons with different types of mobs just to get those different drops.
    3.) During special events such as NoTD all DM's would also drop those unique items for that holiday. Compelling more people to run them and collect those items at that time.
    4.) It might lessen the 1 billion orcs to kill type of dungeons
    5.) While you are not in DM you don't have to worry about filling your bags with 1 billion orcs to kill ;-)

Secondly, a system where we can see what we have already collected and what we have not would be fabulous.

Please and Thank You
  7. suka Well-Known Member

one problem there. how would they get the mobs to create it in the first place if that was the only place it dropped? I am all for an item you can buy that can cause your dungeon to drop loot. the bigger the box you buy the more and better the loot they drop. i would like it to be unique loot like new spawners no where else in the game and maybe some other stuff as well for decorating and effects. And i would like to be able to add more loot as time goes on by buying more boxes for my dungeons. i would also like to have traps, places with basements that you can fall into and have to work your way out, and doors that lock and teleporters that can be programed to automatically take you to another area when you step on them.

i would also like to see the lore and legend drops in the dungeons from the mobs. and our extras should be placeable as pets in our houses. getting 15 of one type of boss from buying the boss spawners is crazy.

but to have the spawners only drop in dm would cripple the system and make creating dungeons almost impossible. after all, where would your first ones come from?
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

How many spawners do you have already? How many do other DM creators have? I know I have collected most if not all of them. So someone wanting to get into dungeon making would only have to run the dungeons that are currently there as well as the new ones that would come out.

Another idea is to make a DM currency that would drop from mobs in dungeon maker dungeons and a vender that sells the spawners with special spawners offered by that vender during holidays. Much like someone wanting to get into PvP goes to battlegrounds to get the tokens and buys the PvP gear from the vender.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

would be nice if the ones you have to buy in the marketplace would drop in the dungeons. but if they stopped dropping in the outside world, then people would have to run them just to get the spawners and i don't see that being right. it's not about what you or i have, it's about what they have and if spawners stopped dropping then there may be very limited spawners to choose to make a dungeon from for some people.

There are only a few things i would like changed about the current dm- make my mobs stay where i put them- even on top of things, don't let them aggro through walls and doors, allow me to set the aggro radius on them, allow me to group them in a way that says these will aggro together and not pull half the room with them - and make them stop running off to get help during the fight.

things i would like to see added is that when i buy from the boss pack, allow the pack to "see" what i don't have and give me that instead of repeatedly giving me the same bosses and elites.my alts don't need spawners, i only need one toon with all the spawners.

and a box i can buy with unique, appropriate items (level appropriate or dm items) to drop from the mobs. still give marks at the end so i can buy more stuff, but give me a variety of boxes i can choose from and when i get the whole set i will have a bunch of different kinds of stuff that will drop in my dungeon. And please make these items unique to the dungeons.
    Raeven likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

oh yes and i would like some outdoor layouts please and new stuff and how about some spawners from the new zones??
    Raeven likes this.
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

So what you are saying here is that you want to make dungeons but don't want people to have a reason to run them???? My thoughts are the opposite I want people to have a reason other than boredom to run my dungeons.

As far as the rest of your post all great ideas I agree
  12. Raeven Well-Known Member

I think your idea of being able to set aggro radius is EXCELLENT!! Definitely need that. I am struggling with my first dungeon, and am finding that it is lethal due to my using mobs as part of the theme, and they aggro too easily. I will have to try to make some of them NPCs, I guess, but not sure how many of those I can have in the dungeon.

Also the idea of having some loot items in the dungeons would definitely help! Make players more interested in player made dungeons. The selection of things to buy with dungeon marks is just too limited to appeal to most players. Even if there was a better selection, players would then concentrate on the dungeons that give the most marks, leaving those of us who put lots of effort into making themed dungeons at the bottom of the list.
    Avianna likes this.
  13. Raeven Well-Known Member

A thought on the loot drop in dungeons... would it be so hard to just program the bosses to drop loot? Maybe 2-3 random different items per boss? That way when people buy bosses for their dungeons they will be assured of having loot in their dungeons.

Alternatively sell chests that award a random item which dungeon makers can put in the back of a room. However, I am already thinking of problems with that idea -- some dungeon makers might fill their dungeons with chests and few mobs just to get ratings.

I think linking it to bosses would be best.
  14. Raeven Well-Known Member

I agree with this as well. I intend to do a jungle themed one, because I like jungles, and it is going to look a little weird in a place with walls. Sure, can put lots of vegetation up against the walls to hide them, but... if there are prestige homes which are outside, why not a dungeon layout? I would happily pay dungeon marks for some.
  15. Raeven Well-Known Member

For that matter, why not just use some of the prestige home layouts for dungeons? The designing is already done.
    suka likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

you can only have one. however, you can use all the pets you want and they stay in one place like plushies so if you are trying to use them as theme items, i would suggest getting things like the arena pets
  17. suka Well-Known Member

especially that new grotto one -that would be a fantastic dungeon
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i wanted to do a jungle one so i came up with the idea of a temple that had been taken over by the jungle- and made lagnaippe on butcherblock- complete with a story you can read in the beginning of the dungeon