Could the ( looking for Work ) LFW tag be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MAXDAMAGE31, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-MAXDAMAGE31 Guest

Like so many of other great crafters I have many and would like to let others know i'm looking for work and have other high lvl crafters I could offer my services with to. I feel this would also be nice for letting folks know I can craft epic TS and such. A while back the LFG tool was updated and its now very handy, I like to see this done for us crafters to. As I have 8-80 lvls , 1 50+ lvl.
    I feel im missing sells because I cant let folks know how many TS I have.
    Would other crafters think this would be a good idea. Thank you and Tunares blessing be with you all.
  2. ARCHIVED-MAXDAMAGE31 Guest

Bumb hoping for some input and thoughs
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The Guild Hall Broker (not to be confused with the Guild World Market Broker which is like a regular city broker) is supposed to do some of this. We can put up spells on the Guild Hall Broker at cost or a small markup for our guildmates to buy. That in turn will indicate to them what we can make and hopefully will lead to further sales. But I would like to see a full Looking for Work system which allows people to browse the Recipe Books we have and ask us to make specific items and see the ingredients that are needed. I like EQTraders, but it is unfinished and the information is presented somewhat inconsistently. Unfortunately it's not a Wiki so we can't help out, and EQ2 Wikia doesn't have recipe info. Although this might bite me in the butt. :) If everyone can look at everyone's recipe books in-game, then my business will probably decline. Currently, I advertise in the channel about once an hour that I make spells for scout, mage, and priest, and rather than trying to mess with various websites, they just hit me up since I handle those details for them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tinrae Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I really think the LFW menu should be expanded as well- especially since TSO is giving crafters a ton of love! There's just better ways for players to find crafters besides their guild (where there might not be any crafters of a certain type) or spamming channels (seems to me that not many players do actually use the crafting channel besides crafters!)
    It'd be handy for both customers and crafters if there was some way in game for players to see the needed ingredients beforehand, like the window shown in the Commission system, without having to resort to outside websites for it.
    I currently don't outright charge people to craft if they have all the ingredients + fuel (unless they choose to tip), and usually the customer then asks for a tallied list of all the needed items. It'd be nice if they had all that info beforehand.