Could someone please post locations of Thrown weapons by tier ?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

I came back to my Swashy after an 11 month repreive. I have read from you great folks to use the Thrown weapons and get my skill up. But I'm not sur where to get the tier 3 stuff. I'm on the verge of lvl 30 ( might hit it tonioght if lucky ) and I want to get my skill up for the later levels.

BTW . I'm VERY pleased with our changs over the 11 months I was gone :)
  2. ARCHIVED-the fluke Guest

Weapon- get player made, even common is better than the drops (for now).

Ammo: get the cheap stuff avaialble in any stater zone off a bowyer. If you insist on using higher quality of ammo (completley useless unless you want to try to kite something- which is difficult now) you will want to go to the inner city zones and buy off one of those bowyers.
  3. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

Tahnks Fluke ,

so the Satchel is considered the Weapon and the Daggers the Ammo ?
  4. ARCHIVED-the fluke Guest

There are 3 (4?) types of bags- one for each type of ammo.

Satchles are for hammers I think= the description will tell you. THese are for crushing damage, probalby worthwhile since you can't get that sort of damage from your regular weapons.

Sheathes are for knives- I use these in general, cause I think they look the best and I"m not a ninja. I *think* these are slashing damage.

Pouches are for shurikens- I think piercing damage.

Take all this with a grain of salt, hammers are deffinatly crushing and sheathes definatly go with knives, but I make no guarentee to this information beyond that.

I also think I am missing an ammo weapon combo, just not sure what. Darts maybe.
  5. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

hhhmmmm , Cool , So the HAmmers and Crushing damage work fine with my Ranged CA ? I can't rememer the name of the Art.

I think I have but one Crushing damage blow. ( Bludgeon ) . So this could help keep that skill up.
  6. ARCHIVED-chessdemon Guest

Forgot bandoliers :) They let you use throwing axes (what I use). I THINK they're slashing damage, but I'm honestly not sure there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Debunkt Guest

Any of the ranged pouch weapons will work with your ranged CA. And, regardless of which type you go with they all use/raise the "Ranged" skill. In fact, you can still use a normal bow to raise your Ranged skill but cannot use your ranged CA with a bow.
    I would personally go for the Fabled Fannypack of Doom, if you can find one ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

Types of throwing weapon and their respective ammo:
    ===========================
    | |
    | Weapon Ammo |
    | ------ ---- |
    | Bandolier Axe |
    | Pouch Shuriken |
    | Satchel Hammer |
    | Sheath Dagger |
    | |
    ===========================
    [Didn't include damage type as I'm not in-game to check; I'm 99% sure I know but don't want to give false information.] ;)

If a CA quotes a specific type of damage, it will inflict that type of damage no matter what kind of weapon (i.e. what skill: Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Ranged) you use to launch the CA. For example, I think Bludgeon quotes crushing damage but you can execute the CA with a dagger or sword in your hand. Scouts actually have no Crushing skill, only slash and pierce, so we couldn't wield a crushing weapon even if we wanted to. ;)
    Same works for our ranged arts. The actual skill associated with all ranged weapons is the 'Ranged' skill -- it's the level of this skill that determines whether or not you can equip and use a particular bow or throwing weapon. It just happens that there is a variety of throwing weapons -- all using the Ranged skill -- which happen to use a different types of ammo. And those different types of ammo happen to inflict different types of damage when you use ranged autoattack,. But it's still your Ranged skill that you're using to actually throw the ranged weapon and hit the target; the type of damage inflicted at the end is entirely separate. The only time it matter whether you're throwing daggers, axes or hammers is when your target is immune to particular damage types.
    In fact, our ranged CA line actually inflicts Cold damage, a magical damage type -- it doesn't matter that you're throwing daggers or hammers or axes at your target, as long as your ranged skill is high enough to hit the creature it will suffer a magical hit. Funky, huh? ;)

On that note, it doesn't matter what tier of throwing weapon you use to launch your ranged CA. Equally, it doesn't matter what tier of ammo you supply it with. CA damage relies entirely upon your level, your skill, and your stats -- the quality of your weapons actually has no bearing. :)
    On the other hand, autoattack damage does depend on the quality of your weapons. So you'll want to have melee weapons to match your level, because you'll be doing a lot of melee autoattack damage, but swashbucklers rarely have reason to use ranged autoattack for any length of time, so the quality of your ranged weapon really doesn't matter... except for the stats (+Str, +Agi, etc.). It's worth finding a decent crafted throwing weapon (not that there are many) for the stats, but don't worry about the ammo quality at all as you'll get exactly the same damage from your ranged CA with tier 1 ammo as with tier 5. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

Great Info Floater ( should sticky that in a Swashy help thread )

I found a really good Sheath last night on the AH ( +5 agi , +_5 str and some health/power )

Qeynos cost = 1.25 plat
    Fence cost from Freeport ? = 13g !!!! ( can we say wooty woot woot ? )

Thanks for all the great info , time to grind out some ranged weapon skill :)

P.S. I can raise that skill on low level mobs right ? Does the skill increase based on my wisdom only ? or is wisdom just figured in with the leel of the mob you are facing ?
  10. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Shurikens and daggers are both pierce so, don't need all 4 types.

Make sure you get the player made ones from rares, as they will be required to hit named mobs.
  11. ARCHIVED-CrazedMutha Guest

Daggers are slash, since they dont hit the named eye in poets palace (slash immune).
    Pierce however hits fine, so IMHO, carry a sheath for daggers and pouch for shurikens.
    Pouch - Shurikens - Pierce
    Bandolier - Throwing Axes - Slash (I think)
    Sheath - Throwing Daggers - Slash
    Satchel - Throwing Hammers - Crush
  12. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Right now, only 2 places in the world to get throwing weapons (that I am aware of), at least the decent ones.

In Qeynos, you get them in Eldarr Grove at the various stores.

Not sure about Freeport.
    Message Edited by Naggybait on 11-07-2005 02:49 PM