could not connect to a loggin server

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-SavageLordmaster, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SavageLordmaster Guest

I've been experiencing an issue for the past 24 hours. Every time I log on I get to play for 0-5 minutes before It looks like I go linkdead. At which point a window comes up saying something along the lines of Trying loggon server 1.... all the way through 7 or so before It says could not connect to a loggin server. the server may be busy try again in a few minutes. My wireless internet is stable when on other online games and I was on just fine on friday. Anyone familiar on what the issueis or how I might fix this?
  2. ARCHIVED-DHAELUS Guest

I have been having the same exact issues since Friday night. Like the OP, my internet is good and I am not getting any problems with any other online games I have.
    Contacted Customer Support and they suggested I Validate Game Assests from the Launch Pad. That did not work for me and have no idea on what to do.
  3. ARCHIVED-SavageLordmaster Guest

I've been trying a couple of things. Reinstalling eq2 did not help. I thought maybe it had something to do with a firewall issue. I went to my windows firewall and It is giving me an error message. "There was an error opening the windows firewall with advanced security snap-in". So I tried doing a system restore from a few weeks ago, however it was not allowing it because of some corrupted file that could not be restored. I'm worried its a virus, I ran McAfee security scan, Malwarebytes, microsoft security essentails and CCleaner, none of which seemed to do much good. I don't know if these two issues are related or if they are seperate problems.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

SavageLordmaster wrote:
    check the application and system event logs to get more detail on what the error is - it appears that it could be related

to get it in Windows 7
    Start, in the "search for programs or files" box type in compmgmt.msc and press enter, then look for event viewer in the application
    Also what av are you normally running, some av's will replace windows firewall with their own
  5. ARCHIVED-DHAELUS Guest

Have tried a few things myself and what seemed to be the problem was Mcafee Security program. When I unistalled and reinstalled the program everquest 2 seemed to be running smoothly with no problem. Was able to play fine for about an half-hour (haven't had the chance to play longer).
  6. ARCHIVED-SavageLordmaster Guest

I am only aware of two firewall programs on this computer. Windows firewall and McAfee Firewall. I am assuming that Windows firewall is the active one which may be the one with the issue. When I bring up security center for McAfee It says Firewall status protected but the McAfee firewall is listed as off and if I try and hit on it switches immediately back to off. Windows Firewall does not appear on my Services list though. In relation to the event viewer what should I be looking for there. thanks