Could Nagafen disappear?

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by quester770, Sep 25, 2014.

1. quester770 Member

Rather than trying to fix PvP, could Sony, simply merge all the players/items/everything into a non-pvp server? I don't want this to happen, I hope it gets fixed so people come back, but could it?
  2. Mowse Well-Known Member

I think it is disappearing. Not with a merge. But less and less players. Either to other games. Other servers. Numbers don't lie so they say
  3. Elite Active Member

No experience debt alone should be enough of a draw.
  4. kafodoo Active Member

Nothing is impossible.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

Except changing the opinion of that guy at SOE who seems adamant about cramming his new vision of PvP down everyone's throats...

I'm afraid that the idea of not logging onto the servers (I'm assuming you mean red server) for a while to make a point would actually be what is wanted. The red servers didn't die from neglect or inaction. They were systematically murdered by changes that intentionally shifted the red game from the red servers to the blue servers. PvP was stolen from the red servers and given to the blue. A dead red server is what is wanted. Then it can be shut down and there will be even less evidence of the amazing success that used to exist with EQ2 PvP servers. With no evidence and all the people who remember the best PvP gaming experience ever gone...then the "new vision" of canned PvP can be paraded around as the best thing ever and the revisionist history writing can commence. There is no way possible that someone could not have seen the huge success they had with EQ2 PvP servers. But to the person with the power (hungry attitude) to make choices...that wasn't more important than them turning PvP into a blue server sport. I've already taken your advice...as have countless players that left the game when the red servers were gutted and fed to the blue players. When three servers worth of people leave the game, and you still see the horrible business decision being painted up as the best thing ever...yeah, it was intentional.
    kafodoo, TS (Throat) and Pawder like this.
  6. Pawder Active Member

My post was borderline sarcasm. If everyone on Nagafen didn't log in for a couple of weeks, we would be talking about 10's of players. It has gone away, just waiting for the announcement. And a proper burial.
    TS (Throat) and Fetish like this.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I always wondered what happened to nagafen and venekor. When they raised the lvl cap to 80 i decided to quit the game. Before this i played on both PVE server and nagafen. I loved being able to log onto naggy and stalk around commonlands. I came back to the game now with tears of veeshan and noticed that nagafen has gone from being a heavy load server to constant light, also the other pvp servers were gone completely. Its sad. I hate battlegrounds, i really do. I could just aswell go play battlefield or CoD or any other "rush to death" game. How could this happen? The open world pvp was awesome fun!
  8. kafodoo Active Member

PVP has vanished, and it may never be as populated as before!
  9. IcterusGalbula Active Member

The way I remember it, the death of pvp began when level-locking was removed. Since then most changes seem to be to increase the separation of the red servers from the blue servers and none of these changes have helped.

My impression was that originally pvp did not have all these special rules. Pvp was basically the blue server game but toons were allowed to fight each other without a bunch of special rules, and that is what made it wildly popular.

Now we have all kinds of special rules for pvp that have eliminated the attraction of pvp for vast numbers of people. As I have posted before many times, pvp used to appeal to a wide spectrum of people: crafters, raiders, questers and hard-core pvpers. The hard-core pvpers whined and whined until the importance of crafting was removed, the importance of questing was removed, the importance of raiding was removed, the importance of tinkering was removed. So, all of those people left.

Now we are left with the 50 hard-core pvpers who think the rule set is perfect and they cannot figure out why there is nobody left to kill. So they are forced to kill each other over and over at warfields or go to battlegrounds and kill the people who do not like their rule set.

If somebody complains about the current ruleset the 50 people say, 'Go to a blue server if you do not like it!' Then they turn around and wonder why the population dropped from 50 people to 49 people.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's not like they didn't make all these changes to the PvP servers over the last 4-5 years without feedback from players. And yes, it's been a TON of changes despite the typical "EQ2 devs have ignored PvP for years" lies. They made a lot of changes, but I guess they listened to the wrong people.
    Avahlynn and Kurisutaru like this.
  11. Creasote Well-Known Member

Actually none of this is true. The reason the population left the game or the pvp servers (mostly the game) was the steady decline of open world pvp.

WFs and BGs, no thx cya later. Less and less open world instances. Insta travel around the world. These were blue server requests. That was the decline of pvp in the game.

Hardcore pvpers don't care about crafting, tinkering or questing. If anything those features promote open world pvp.

Raiding advantages perhaps instigated some whining. Unfair gear advantage with the major complaint being overpowered procs in pvp. For example some of the healing procs on gear were in the top three items for pvp parses, yes that is broken.
    Mowse likes this.
  12. Fetish Well-Known Member

Yes and no...maybe the "hardcore" PvP'ers who like to think that anything not PvP is beneath them, but the PvP'ers I knew took advantage of any and every item available in the game. Whether it was tinkered, or from some obscure (PvE) quest. Anyone remember crafting crude grade armor so that you could wear the next tier of armor sooner? The EQ2 red servers were so amazing and popular because it was a perfect melding of both PvP and PvE... I mean when you take all the PvE (crafting, questing, traveling, open dungeons...you know, the PvE world) away, you know what you are left with? BG's... =/
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Feldon, have you ever even played on Nagafen at all? You always show up on the PvP forums with some snide bluebie comment then disappear back under a rock. Just sayin'.