Could it be worst ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m back from my summer break and Dessert of Flame is quite, very bad, indeed i wonder if it could worst ...

- Most Solo quest reward lvl 40 items.

- Group content is so trivial that i will try to solo it rather than following a tank while spamming AOEs (if possible blue ones). I ran the usual 3 instances (harpies, cyclops, Cazels) in a 5 man group with 2-3 low fifty and ACT reported a single fight. This type of mass pulling game-play is really unfunny. Even if icy diggs was easy it never was that tirival and stupid and we actually wiped on queen on our first trips and it took a bit of learning, gearing before we killed l x4 kraytok. I' m not asking for paranoid difficulty like in vanilla Sebilis where a failed body pull could lead to a quick wipe and with social SKs could harmtouch your tank into the red. No, but something reasonably balanced would be way better. So well sorry to say i will probably solo or duo this content since it seems to be the only way to actually play.

- The main quest-line is truly an horrible time sink.

- Raids can apparently be completed with a single group*. Since this is a replay non hardcore raiding guilds should be able to progress at a decent rate. So encounters should be tuned so that a non full, a non optimal roaster with focused average players could defeat them. As example a 18 man raid missing so key classes (eg no defiler or only 1 mana regen) should be able to win, or 12 men raid super optimized, well geared (hardcore guild type), and a messy 24 men (PUG raid). It would even be better if a hard mode was there to challenge the hardcore guilds. What we got is apparently much much easier than that.

- Harvesting is quite terrible due to the lack of nodes.

Conclusion : Let us hope that KoS will be better and that people will keep playing this mess (time to level alts?)

* People reported soloing or duoingthe raptor meatbook which cons x3, but this monster has always been indeed an heroic mob with more hps. I m quite sur that we sinlge grouped it in Vanilla (may be we were just 3). So i m referring to real raid content and not to this monster which has always been super easy.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Somedude Active Member

It isn't just him. We 3 manned the crocodile, and we cleared courts with a 6 man. Pretty sure we can kill the djinn master with a 6 man, just not found 6 people willing to try it.
    Kalika and Soara2 like this.
  3. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

Those harvesting nodes, so annoying.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'll bring my warlock for the meme setup (best powerfeedingamebtwlmao)
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap it is what i heard. I m a bit surprised for the Djinn master, i never raided it but it had a dire reputation due to its script, i guess you had to play certain instrument at some precise time of the encounter to avoid a wipe. I m not sure you can do it with only 6 people. I remember raiding SS during the first TLE it was easy, we did it with a messy non ideal non full roaster but that was still raiding, we were not 3 or 6.

I feel sorry for raid lovers if the raid content is actually heroic, and the heroic content solo ;-(
    TwoDeadly likes this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

We tried to single group Lockjaw the other day (REALLY good group too) and had our butts handed to us. That said, what was added was harder hitting and more HP, not really 'fixed'.

They are at least listening to not making the mobs a total joke.
  7. Venser Active Member

3 grouped LJ last night in a PUG. 1 full group of just boxed toons. So essentially 4 healers and 2 groups of players. We crushed it in 2 min or so. No spike dmg anywhere.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I was in that group, and am telling you there was spike damage. You had decent healers (she says modestly) and at least one death save went off.
  9. Venser Active Member

Checking act logs etc, very trivial mob for our crappy set up, not a really great set up with what, 5 tanks we had, non conforming groups, buffs on wrong people. Mob fell over still
  10. Somedude Active Member

I'm going to guess you let him frontal your group. As long as you avoid the frontal, he's a cakewalk.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Frontal'ed the tank.
  12. Somedude Active Member

Strange, my fury solo healed me thru it. Maybe your tank didn't temp / ToS on pull?

Once he's spun and has just a few debuffs on him, he barely does anything.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

If there was spike damage on Lockjaw, someone was doing something terribly wrong. We killed it a couple hours into DoF with 3 groups and most of then werent even 60 yet. I don't think the wards even got chewed through before it was dead.

Pretty sure a Wizard could tank Lockjaw.
  14. TwoDeadly Member

I think she is saying that it's been buffed to do more damage recently.
  15. Somedude Active Member

No, it hasn't.

Maybe I need to make a video for you folks before my account expires, just to show how pathetically easy this raid content is.
  16. Venser Active Member

No atan, twodeadly died in a raid once. It must be tuned correctly and difficult
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Did Lockjaw with 11 and many were not 60, my conjurer was 57 or 58, one warden was 54 we had 2 druids and an inquisitor. Nobody had raidgear and my conjurer was using her screaming mace (never got her prisma 1). and many were too player returning from summer break. So it can probably be done with a well rounded and equipped group. He is indeed a x2 and and rather easy one.