Cost of Arrows?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kagara, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

Ok, so I did some testing with arrows, and there is a difference (large) in the upgrades from tin, to iron, to carbonite. But, the price, also jumps dramatically as you go up. from 1s, to 4-5s, to 22s 78c for 99 arrows.

If rangers are supposed to be Arrow users, is there any way you can move that spell that makes arrows to level 20?
  2. ARCHIVED-Trobon the Orange Guest

Althugh ranger's are supposed to be arrow users you must learn to use a variety of weapons. Your swords will come in quite handy as you progress. We are the main proffesion for being a jack of all trades when it comes to combat. We have always been this way.
    However, I wish you teh best of luckj
  3. ARCHIVED-Eorendil Guest

You should have seen the cost of arrows before they lowered them that last week or two of beta. OUCH!

They are considerably better.
  4. ARCHIVED-RangerManTOG Guest

Yeah the cheapest ones were 70 copper or comthing. Still haven't picked up a bow. LOL

Dual wield all the way :) till I can afford the arrows anway ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Sir_Voor Guest

I'm going to try being a Ranger/Woodworker, and make my own arrows and crossbows. I was not in Bata so i'm sure how this will work out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Divinehope Guest

what craft is it to make arrows and such??
  7. ARCHIVED-Wraithdrit Guest

Arrows are a combination of:

Woodworking to get the Elm Stave that makes the shafts.
    Metallurgy to make the Tin Arrowheads (which last multiple arrow crafting attempts from my experience).
    and Tailoring to make the Fletchings.

Ain't crafting grand? ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Divinehope Guest

whoa thats a lot of stuff good to know. Time to get crafting. Thanks!
  9. ARCHIVED-Squidwalker Guest

That has been my plan. But I just did the Elddar Grove bow quest and went to try it out. I can't imagine the arrows being more expensive. Cash is slow to come buy in this game, slow not hard, and I find newbie arrows insanely priced. And missleading to all hell too. The merchant show a stack of 99 and a price of 5cp. but that price is per SINGLE arrow not the stack. It should should just read 1 arrow, not 99 dang it. And I'm sorry, even though I don't have any ranged specials yet, only lvl 12 pred, I like using my bow to get my skill up when I have a tank. But it's expensive. And we are supposed to buy poisons too?
    So just how do they justify Rangers getting the shaft on expences? I mean we are the primary ranged combatants, so we have to pay, or even make that skill costs time/resources to make, arrows, and also poisons have to be bought. Sure the other scouts other then bards, need to buy poisons too, but they don't have to buy much, if any, arrows. When you get up in ranger your best abilities and attacks are ranged, not melee, so of course we are going to be using ranged combat, thus using up arrows like notbodies business.
  10. ARCHIVED-Audio Guest

I think getting Makeshift Arrows, rip and tear abilities have come a long ways.

At least now we can "summon" arrows and get them back after meleeing.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

I have to say, that after just app2 makeshift, I have not had to buy arrows since... I make sure I hit makeshift every time it comes up, and now... I am up to 4 stacks of arrows... I am not having a problem staying in arrows AT all... I love it. IT's a huge thing to not have to be buying arrows all the time, it was making me poor trying to stay with the arrows till now. But I recoomend upgrading makeshift as soon as possible.
  12. ARCHIVED-pseudocide Guest

what are app2 makeshift arrows comparable to? or what do they con at your current level? im hoping they are at least better than tin.
  13. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Apparently all makeshift arrows are carbonite. App2 and app3 simply determines how MANY you make at a go.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kagara Guest

Yes, at my level, they are carbonite arrow (the best you can get), and I anticipate they will go up as we level. I am sure that the other vendor bought arrows, are for classes that are not bow dependant, so it balances out.