Coronavirus Suggestion/Request

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GamerGirl007, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Mother Courage and Her Children was mine. A 28 foot in diameter turntable so they would be seen by the audience as moving across an area. The wheels moved, but the wagon barely went anywhere. Ah, the good old days when I was in theatrical design. LOL. Nope, I moved on.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Try checking your medicare/medicaid coverage and if you have the extra medicare/medicaid assistance, sometimes that will cover the cost for the wheelchairs and electric scooters. Here is a link to the medicare.gov site coverage for DMEs which is where wheelchairs and scooters are placed:

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11046-Medicare-Wheelchair-Scooter.pdf

For the medicaid portion, which will usually cover what medicare does not cover, you would have to look on the medicaid site for the state you reside in. If you do not already get the extra medicare/medicaid assistance for lower income, I would definitely apply for that as it will cover any of the remaining fees the other two do not.

Good luck and let us know if any of this helps you.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is the way of the world now. People, for the most part, I definitely cannot say all people, have not been raised to think of anybody but "me" for at least the last 30 years or so. Its look out for number one. A lot of people would trample their own families to get that last pack of bog roll on the shelf. Maybe I am a bit more jaded, but I think I am a bit more realistic having been a prison guard for more than 20 years. I have seen and heard more than most people on the planet, things I cannot ever unsee or unhear. You see the things that are in all humans that most people never see and never want to see.

I verified what I always knew, which was, the less discipline and teaching children have in the home, the more out of control they are as they age and become a part of mainstream society. If they do not learn there are consequences to their choices early, they never learn and they never accept that reality. It is truly a sad state of affairs. The people making these babies are as much to blame for the crime and chaos as the people committing the crimes and chaos. It is not up to the schools and everybody outside of our homes to teach our children right from wrong, manners, discipline, and that there are rewards or consequences to our choices, and that we need to work for what we want. Until people learn that, they should not be allowed to pro-create as all they are doing is spawning the next generation of potential inmates. I guess myself and my friends shouldn't complain, they kept us employed, but we would rather have things done right and be unemployed.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks, appreciate it....my only problem with using Medicaid/Medicare is takes months to get these things done! But I really need to get a new chair so I guess I have no choice in the matter....
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

With a few of the companies that are approved suppliers, they will do all the paperwork and submit it, so it gets done rather quickly, my aunt did her wheelchair through Medicare and private insurance, and it took about 3.5 weeks.
    Soara2, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've noticed this about most young people today....they are only interested in what they want and screw everybody else! They want everything handed to them on a silver platter and they want want everything for free. It's so sad because I remember when folks worked for what they got and reached out when they really needed a helping hand.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I talk to my brother and get him to make the phone calls. I don't talk on the unless I have to....kinda have a problem with that....:confused:
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

My brother just called Medicaid and I have to have prescription before they can do a thing. My doctor doesn't want us coming to his office until things get better so not sure what to do now.
  9. Whitewolf6969 Member

Silk TP ...Yes!!!!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and exeq2player like this.
  10. Whitewolf6969 Member

We are in a rural community and I have personally witnessed people buying up 75 packs of TP in one shopping trip and no, they are not business owners or Nursing home or even an Assisted Living Place. It was for their own personal underground storage in their own bomb Shelter as they are convinced it is the End - The Final Apocalypse. It is to these type of people my own comment was geared towards. In my own city I was told that it is expected to last out past May. The store next door has limited everything as they were told by their own suppliers and manufactures that with the increased Demand for Supply they are not even sure they can even make enough to keep up with it. As a side note -the store's shelves were almost bare in all departments but the Hunting section. As a Rural University town it is extremely hard to even get the supplies in the first place. Pretty soon the Magazine pages will take the place of the TP.... I know how real the fear is, but still if we see someone without and we have more than enough, we can at least share enough to keep us all alive, eh?
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Medicare has extended the tele-doc benefits, if your doctor allows it, you can call and speak to him and he can give you the script by a phone visit and he can bill Medicare for a regular office visit.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not sure he'll do that. It's been a while since I've seen him in person. I'll get my brother to call him and explain that I need a wheelchair...hopefully he'll agree.....
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Spinlife has a Wrangler II for 99. And you can pay monthly 3.20 for it. If you are not over 250 pounds anyway.. it's a basic transport chair.
    There are also some foundations that came up when I googled wheelchair for the poor.. Something to look into anyway..
    Cyrrena, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

ROFL
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said GamerGirl007! I am also an EQ2 player of 15+ years with EQ prior to that. I LOVE your idea! I am the same way about ALWAYS prioritizing times with double or bonus exp, status and Marketplace sales! ;) I am sad to hear about the early onset of your diagnosed heart failure, especially at a young age. I have several chronic medical conditions which play havoc with my immune system but at least I am old...well let's just say older. :) (Sometimes you have to laugh to hide the tears.) I became homebound a few years ago and completely understand the concept of "cabin fever." I do go out into my yard to get some fresh air and free vitamin D from the sun, but that is it aside from doctor appointments. I realize how serious your condition is and know you will take the extra precautions necessary, but don't forget the occasional fresh air and sunshine. If people insist on getting closer than the recommended 6 feet, just shoot 'em! :D JKing I am send positive energy your way and sending up prayers for you GamerGirl007.
    Soara2, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

Basically all I want is a manual that has canvas......most of the foundations that I checked out one has to put a 'application' in then they'll be checked out......anyways it tends to be a long drawn procedure.....something I'd rather avoid if at all possible. Thanks for your kind thoughts, though.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  17. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

In high school I saw Les Miserables in a theater like that. Great concept.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Your doc should've been instructed not to see people in person and to use telehealth as much as possible during the virus epidemic. That means you can call him or her and they can give you a prescription over the phone. It's not like a wheelchair is an opiate. You shouldn't have to be there in person. Your doc knows your ability/disability.

It's not really my business, but I think you probably could fix this with a phone call.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Of course you are correct but it has been quite a while since I last went into see him so I'm still not sure he'll agree to this. As it is he has denied me everything until I can go into see him so I'll get my brother to call him and we'll see what he says. :D
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm... My post may have been confusing. I didn't build the turntable, freshman year students did it under the supervision of the tech director and two grad students.

I was head of the prop crew... we got to build the wagon ! Eck ! 9 feet tall, 6 feet wide, and about 12 feet long. They told me it was a prop. Sure it was. But the hot glued cord on bottles were props.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.