1. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

With Skyshrine released there is one thing that has become a major issue, controllable pets dying. I'm not just talking about one set of pets, I'm talking about most of them, ranging from the Shamans 'Spirit Companion', the Coercers 'Possess Essence', the Illusionist 'Personae Reflection', all the Summoners pets.
    It seems that EVERY mob has some type of AE that completely wipes out the pet unless you are over 20 meters away and even then its a chance that they will still die if you don't kill the mob fast enough. The pets survival has been declining ever since the release of Destiny of Velious but, has taken a major turn for the worse in this latest update. It has gotten so terrible that most people refuse to summon their pet until all the trash is dead. Pet health is no where in line as to where it should be, most have half the health of a normal player which doesn't seem right at all.
    Illusionist:
    Personae Reflection: 22,940 Health, no wheere near enough health, most players have 3x that much health.

Summoners:
    ANY PET: TEAMWORK forces the incoming mobs to directly target the pet.

Coercer:
    Possess Essence: Same issue as Illusionist, pet doesn't have enough health.

Shaman:
    Spirit Companion: Same issue as Enchanters, pet doesn't have enough health.

I'm not asking for much here because honestly they don't need much but, increasing the pets health to atleast half the players max health would be a huge advantage and a step in the right direction. Fix Team Work so Summoners pets don't continually steal aggro at the beginning of fights. I know there will probably be a lot of negative or impartial feedback but, in reality the controllable pets I have listed have become a huge part of solo, grouping and raiding, some were always a huge part. They need some attention so they can continue to support the same role in all environments and esspecially since most scripts for groups and raids require them.
    Regards,
    Concerned Pet Master
  2. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

Pulling this back up to the attention of the developers, since the mods decided to reak havok on the forums.
    This is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Dog Dog is worthless, wish they would revamp that line and give Dog Dog to Beastlords.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Tbh, summoner pets need hp boost aswell, they don't gain any hp when we do. Looking at current hps, they have really low health pool.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You dont need to take it from mystics to get it as a beastlord you can tame a spectral pup in The Underrot Caverns: Moldy Crypt and get the same model and texture.
  6. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

one of the ridiculously old bugs 7+ years now, that still plagues any and all pet classes, including BL's
    ~you may not order your pet to attack the selected or implied target~
    WHY?!?!?!?! its kicking the S#$T out of me and I can't tell my pet to attack it?????
    Seriously sony....PLEASE fix this, its a horribad bug that has been here since launch, and affects EVERYTHING that uses a pet, including troubs < I tested it just to see, and in my 25s or however long I found 4 mobs that I couldn't send my charmed pet after>.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

No, you can't have my mystic's dog. Go find your own dog and leave mine alone. ;)
    I've had more problems with mercs than I have ever had with my mystic's spirit companion. My mercs are always getting in to trouble with random mobs as we pass by them; calling them names, throwing rocks, making jokes about their mom's... until we have a whole train of angry monsters on our tail. /sigh
  8. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

Erszebeth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree on this one, this is one of the oldest bugs and it has to be the worst bug in the game.
  9. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

Erszebeth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Wasn't a problem at launch nor is it 7+ years old. You used to be able to pull a mob from across the zone and they purposefully restricted it by implementing a line of sight check. Unfortunately, that check has been bugged since they introduced that "fix".
    Every time they try and counter some minor exploit, they punish the rest of us with even more broken mechanics and leave it at that. Good luck getting them to change their minds on this one.
  10. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Oink@Blackburrow wrote:
    I recall having this very same issues pre GU13 with the necro I had then on Oggok server. too many times you couldn't use your pet without getting beat on first <in cloth then was almost always incredibly lethal>, and there weren't work arounds for it like there are now. Sure, I can use that nifty teleport ability on my pet...then its engaged..or I can possess my minion and do it manually <problem there is most times you lose XP/credit for the kill>, theres NO reason why we shouldnt be able to tell our pets to go smack whatever mob we want it to...provided we can actually target it. And when you are getting beat on...and you STILL can't get your pet to attack..its not working as intended...its broken.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ambi Guest

No it's not. And saying that just reaffirms that you clearly aren't playing your shaman well.
    This clown's asinine remarks aside, pets do need some retooling as far as survivability.
  12. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Ambix@Oasis wrote:
    +1
    I don't even bother with a Possess Essence any more, i just use a merc.
  13. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

Ambix@Oasis wrote:
    Don't worry , Tala has no clue what he's talking about. I don't think he has a shaman, no shaman would be so bad, even a lvl 3 one.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Please make my illy pet more beefy.... and as an aside, it would be pretty awesome if it didn't die while zoning too. That bug has been around since ER came about. But I can deal with it dying with zoning if it didn't die any time a mob looked at it funny.
  15. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

DamselInDistress wrote:
    Sadly, he does have a shaman. That still doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.