Consolidating A Tradeskill Bug/Issue/Missing Thread?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Doomravin, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Hmmm,

There seem to be a lot of tradeskill related issues at the start of this expac. I thought it'd be nice to be constructive like Gninja asks,and not start raging on the forums about it

And start a thread setting out all the bugs, issues and what we crafters think are missing so far without, well, any of the usual commentary. Feel free to add your own issues, bugs and missing items. :D

Here goes (what I've seen so far, our guild has a lot of crafters, and we've been pounding our little hammers): - (sorted into Missing, Issues and Bugs)

Missing - No crafting signature line

Issue - No pack pony upgrades currently in game

Issue - No guild harvester upgrades

Issue - Roots and Rare Roots dropping from Mushroom food nodes

Issue - Matron's Heart seems to be a more common drop from Shadeleaf in player homes than it seems to be from Plane of Magic

Issue - No rare drink (but we have a rare food)

Issue - One writ for ten levels of grinding when leveling a crafter

Missing - Planar Adornments Recipe Book (unless it's an ultra-ultra-rare drop) for adornments

Missing - Ascension Levels 11 to 15 recipe books

Bug - Something is up with some scout spells in the alchemy books - came across one at least that makes an unusable scout expert (can't remember name unfortunately)

Issue - Snacks don't apparently go in pantries.

Issue - Rockfern and Plumewit drop rates compared to usage rates seem somewhat skewed

Issue - Planar fragments from transmuting - very rare due to v low drop rate of treasured items (adept scrolls)

Missing - Planar recipes allowing breaking down and recombination of said Planar adornment components

Issue - Traditional alchemist recipes are now artisan on status merchant in plane of Valor (?)

Issue - The ammo merchants in Plane of Magic are refusing to issue ammo to players (none for sale)

Issue - Some Woodworkers are complaining about broken bolt recipes

Issue - Some Woodworkers are complaining about small product for materials ratios on bolts

Issue - Rare harvest chance is set at 600; Max level adventurers can only reach 550 skill without tradeskill levels..

Issue - Levelling up atm burns through raw materials like a forest fire -plumewit and rockfern are definitely the worst to keep in stock.

Issue - Big guilds with the players willing to go out and harvest for the guild have a massive Tradeskilling advantage this expac

And on a more positive note, How about Fixed and Nice One categories?: -

Fixed - Expert spells now craftable ( A couple of bugs have been mentioned in passing)

Nice One - Goblin plants give harvest bundles that are current tier on a 23 hour timer

Nice One - Mastercrafted gear gives a solid step up to entry level heroic grade for peeps and seem just right in the progression list (I'm a jeweler myself)

Nice One - Nodes are abundant, their locations seem to make "sense" and rares don't feel too rare if you've got the skills (far seas prestige skill boost and level 110 does it for crafters)
    Harington and Sejreia like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

This is an error with the examine text. People have reported harvesting rares with less then 500 skill.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

Before claiming an error, I would check that the less than 500 skill is base skill or adjusted skill after cloak, mount, AA, jewelry, etc. Most people look at the skill reported in chat and say that is their skill when in actuality the adjusted skill is the one needed to be over 600 to get the rare.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I HAVE checked. I was one of the people who harvested a rare with less then 600 adjusted skill. In my case it was 534 skill. Not base skill, actual skill.
    This examine skill error on the nodes was noted and reported, repeatedly, on beta and has persisted to live.
    Sejreia likes this.
  5. Andric Member

I harvested a rare at first harvest on entering the plane at base 500 skill on my druid alt. Seems there is always a chance

Missing: new level of the traditional poisons (hemo/caustic/tugurs etc)

Weapon-smith weapons less than useful.
    Sejreia likes this.
  6. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Wow,

Revisited this after a week and there are just SO many more screwups in crafting peeps are finding that I didn't list

Don't think there's any point to me trying to keep this list update, it's just too much :(
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Issue: Level 101+ tradeskill writs only giving 50 status points - makes for a loooooong and tedious way to add to the guild level (not to mention the lack of writs anyway).
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

It's pointless.. We just need to accept that Devs hate crafters
    Kheldorm and Ursa Minor like this.
  9. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

While I understand the sentiment, I prefer Hanlon's Razor:
    Kheldorm likes this.