Consolidated Warden Issues

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kyralis, Oct 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Danluyen Guest

Great job Caerwyn!!
    One other key point is that Warden and Priest stacking issues need to be addressed.
    Dan
  2. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Stacking issues, to the best of my knowledge, were addressed a few days ago.
  3. ARCHIVED-Danluyen Guest

I havn't tested them, but were Warden-Warden and specialty heal stacking issues fully addressed?
    Dan
  4. ARCHIVED-Raijinn Guest

Caerwyn,
    I thank you for the input and have jotted this down for notes should the need arises. I mainly wanted to let you all know that I am actively looking over the forums since this is such a heated debate.
    I want to remind you that I can't make any promises and I am neigh the one that can make the changes but I can hear you all out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Raijinn,
    We definitely appreciate the attention you have shown us and our issues. We only hope you are able to convey our concerns to someone who can and will do something about it. The warden population is dwindling, and we were an endangered species as it was.
  6. ARCHIVED-Faithes Guest

Forgive me, I did not read over the whole thing for I know much of it already. But like I posted when you originally posted the bit about HoT that has a set heal amount and checks the targets health, doesn't that sound alot like a reactive? Sure its tweaked some, but I do NOT want to be a cleric. I'm a druid. Honestly to have something so similar is like having the same class, and THAT is even more upsetting =(.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

How is that like a reactive? It still heals every second, in a regenerative fashion; it doesn't block damage like a ward or trigger when damage comes in as a reactive. It simply heals over time when necessary. I view it merely as a regenerative effect that only regenerates health for the target when the target actually has something to regenerate!
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalcharis Guest

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps an alternative...

Group heal: Heals everyone for X hp per tick for up to total of Y HP over 12s. Whatever hp isn't healed or used return Z power at termination, where Z = something like hp left / capacity * power to cast. You could do the same for single target I suppose but clerics and shamen don't get the extra HP their reactives or wards could have healed if it had worn off before being utilized. This way you at least retain some good efficiency and is still a regen. However, this would likely end up nasty to try and code.
  9. ARCHIVED-Knarfster Guest

I think most of us that have played the game for any period of time would agree the current mechanics of regens will always make them inferior to wards or reactives. What you propose Caerwyn I believe would put regens on par with the other special heals. I think that is a good thing. I would hope that SOE see's it that way also.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yiago Guest

So only the Squeeky wheels gets the grease? /sigh Don't you guys have a list of issues, then prioritize them...you know say from the /bug /feedback list? Why do you even utilize the forums, knowing dang well that only a 1/3 of the real population of your game uses let alone reads it.

Now I am not bashing any Wardens or healers, heck I ditched my Templar due to LU13, he just plain [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sucks now! But Make people happy, it will never happen, until you guys fix your Customer Service and the core bugs from back in Beta....Quit [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing with the new [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]! /sigh /frustrated as hell to see another CRM go down this road.
  11. ARCHIVED-Faithes Guest

I said it was tweaked bro, not the exact same. Every 1 second it checks..well see thats pretty much every hit, which is what a reactive or ward would do. Sure if they don't get hit for any damage then it will not tick, but then again...neither do regens/wards....
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Actually, if I'm understanding Caer's idea correctly, it sounds more like a combination of reactive and ward.. wards heal ALL dmg taken as it's taken and reactives heal a set number per tick when dmg is taken.. caer's idea is making it check every second (which I'm just granting you that that's no different than whenever dmg is taken, though I don't really think it is.. it's just a really subtle difference) and heal a set percentage, meaning it's most likely not going to heal the same amount every tick like a reactive would, yet it also won't heal the exact amount like a ward would. I really do like the idea, it sounds unique to me and I always loved unique things.
  13. ARCHIVED-Faithes Guest

Rofl, add all the sugar coatings and cherries you'd like to it, its still like a reactive.
  14. ARCHIVED-netswine Guest

ROFL!!!11ONE

No, it is not like a reactive. It would heal regardless of the target getting hit or not, just like a regen. Get a clue please.
  15. ARCHIVED-Maelakai Guest

I'm in complete agreement with Caerwyn. Very well summed up, excellent delivery. Now lets hope something is done about it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rappy Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Flowercutter Guest

My apologies for not having the spells memorized, however any wardens out there should know what I speak of.

My warden is only lvl 50 and has begun the long trek to 60. I have noticed that I heal about the same as a lvl 30 cleric or shaman. Even my HoT that roots me for the duration that I got at lvl 50 was chopped to almost 1/3 of what it was. Can SoE honestly think that a HoT that heals for 195 - 239 is worth stunning the caster for 30 seconds? It doesnt heal that much every second of that 30 seconds so in any kind of battle where you get hit for more than that (most lvl 46+ mobs hit for that plus spike damage on my light armor) you are only prolonging your own death. I have noticed an increase in damage from my AoE spell, however I only have the one AoE spell and with the recast time on it, it almost seems useless when solo'ing. I am happy that the root spell actually roots now so when solo'ing I can play mage style. Kills still take a significant amount of time to complete and a trip to the Sundered Split paw without the shard can take hours on my own.
    I can honestly say I welcome the ability to heal more than the other classes since we cant debuff as much as them or take any beatings from agro'ed mobs like they can. It was a balanced trade off before and now we lack in all areas instead of 2 out of the 3. If you were to put all priest classes in light armor, clerics and shamans would whine..... even though their heals and debuffs are superior to the druids. If you were to take away thier buffs and debuffs and make that even to the druid classes, they would again whine from the nerf. So why does SoE think our heals were too strong to make us the uber priest class? It was our only real specialty and now it is gone.

If I am wrong, please let me know what I was doing wrong with my warden to feel this way and let me know how to change my tactics to be able to solo heal again. I have to play with a pally and nec in the group to take on any heroics that are orange and even then adds are deadly. Also, I took the heals as my master 2 choices so if you think its from being weak spells, try again.

Thank you for your time.

Lifeline
    50 Warden
    Lavastorm
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Edited the original post to include confirmation that Duststorm does not affect epics any longer, and to touch on the uselessness of Heirophantic Genesis, our supposedly great level 50 spell- the one that should compare to the likes of Porcupine, but very clearly does not.

As to the reactive issue.

A reactive ticks once per the arrival of damage. Mob dishes out 1000 damage, target is immediately healed for X. With my change to regens, Mob dishes out 1000 damage, target isn't immediately healed for anything. One second later, the target will be healed for, say 300 (if we're using 30%, and if that much remains in the pool for the HoT). The next second, the target will be healed for .3*(700) = 210, despite the fact that no additional damage has been done to the target. A reactive would not heal at all; a ward would have healed much more the first hit.

Wards still maintain a high advantage. Reactives maintain something of an advantage, in that they can actually save the tank if the heal prevents them from actually dying- the reactive is still instant. Also, in the case of a fast flurry of hits, reactives can still heal much faster than this "modified regen". Situationally, though, the regen will have an edge- which is, I think exactly what situational advantage is all about, something we don't have any of despite the developers protests that it exists.
  19. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Not sure what you mean by warden/warden stacking. HoTs/wards/reactives from the same class (not subclass) are not supposed to stack. That is by design. I've heard rumors of specialty heals between classes overwriting (ie reactives overwriting our HoT), but I have not been able to verify this.
  20. ARCHIVED-HVA Guest

First of all, I want to thank Caerwyn, for this great summary. Secondly I am glad so a tread that is constructive. I was feeling kind of bad on the behave of my class, beacuse of to much whining (allthough i could understand all the frustration).
    I don't prefer one soultion before another, but i still agree something have to be done. I guess I am just another warden, who support any solution that will do the job.

Secondary issues: Bounty of the Virtious
    I am not sure how "bounty og the virtious" works for other classes. But i find this spell rather useless now (but maybe it is the same for all). Before Lu13 I used this all the time, now it has very low priority (if any). I feel a little screwed. Why should i have invested money to gain an adventure-pack spell, when its not effective anymore ?? (yeah, i know i got the adventure, but i still think the award should be usefull). I like to hear others opinions on this (maybe some of you hardcore wardens have another opnion), but of course focus should remain on the main issues.
    Level 53 warden, on Unrest
    Message Edited by HVA on 10-11-2005 11:17 AM