Considering Coming back

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ugorth, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ugorth New Member

Greetings,

I am looking to get back into eq2, after trying a newer mmo, I decided that it is not nearly as fun as eq2 is. So I am looking to come back, but most of what I read on the forums is all doom and gloom. Looking for advice on a realm to start on and general advice if the game is worth coming back too. I always enjoyed eq2 but never had the time to commit to it until recently. The problem is I tend to feel overwhelmed, because there is so much to do and I seem waaaaaaaay behind the curve, and understandably so.
  2. Quabi Active Member

Antonia Bayle is a good server, and people say Freeport is as well.

Personally, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming expansion and the general direction of the game recently, so I would definitely say that it's worth playing. MMO forums are almost always doom and gloom - it has been said that it's actually a sign of a healthy MMO ;) Until October 15th, you have the opportunity to create one insta-level 85 character for free. That might make things less overwhelming...or it might overwhelm you more /shrug

Make sure you choose your "heroic" character wisely because you only get one chance before it costs Station Cash.
  3. Ugorth New Member

Oh wow, that is good, but id be worried about not knowing how to play said character with an instant 85 ive only ever gotten to 50
  4. Quabi Active Member

Well, at the moment, there are a whole lot of level 85ish characters running around with no idea how to play their classes, so you'd fit right in :p
  5. Ugorth New Member

lol, no ill pass on that stigma. Plus half the fun is getting to cap :) I like the POV of doom and gloom, nice perspective