Consider easing the Gifting requirement?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rozyn, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Rozyn Well-Known Member

First off, I am not sure where I'm supposed to post about Station Cash items and gifting, so forgive me if General Discussion is the wrong place.

Like many people, I have multiple SOE accounts. My main Vanguard account has a bit of Station Cash on it and, while I have played EQ2 on that account, it's mostly characters that had been on the Freeport server to check it out back in the day. I would really love to gift my primary EQ2 account some items - not even saying transfer SC, just gift myself cool things - but if I want to do that right now I'm looking at spending $30 in subs to unlock gifting on an account I don't use anymore. I have no issue with subbing on my primary account, I'm subbed right now, but I think having 2+ months in a row of subscription is kind of a steep requirement for a F2P game.

Please reconsider the current gifting requirements in light of your F2P system. I don't mind it as a one-time perk for subbing or an unlock, but requiring continuous subbing doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest of the model.
  2. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

I was wondering too, I have 2 different accounts, and was curious if I can change or merge my DCUO with to my current as a bundle account package so I can tryout eq1 and vanguard later.
    if moderator can give advice, pls use PM if it is sensitive nature, it not personal, then go ahead to share with others who may want merging the accounts or more informations.
  3. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Well, I left this as 'feedback' in game. Maybe someday someone will come across it lol. :) I'm not looking to merge accounts really, just gifting SC from my old VG account.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'd call customer support Ros, and talk to them. Maybe they can help you out, I hope so!
    Charlice likes this.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If you have a recurring subscription*, and are willing to wait the number of days required (I don't remember whether it is 60 days, or just 30), then you can gift items from one toon to the other (this assumes, of course, that you have an EQ2 character on both accounts**).

* Or an account that has been paid for with Krono that has a valid credit card on file, iirc.
    ** Additionally, there are a few items (certain services, such as a character slot and a server transfer token) that cannot be gifted. But for every item that is exempt from gifting, there are probably a dozen other items that can be gifted (provided one meets the requirements).
  6. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Rotherian, my issue is that I don't want to pay the $30 required for a continuous subscription on the alternate account I don't use - but happens to have all the SC on it lol. I am subbed on my main account, but unfortunately it doesn't help me much. Honestly, with them not doing double/triple SC sales anymore, I don't think they'll be losing money on gifting, I just don't see why they have restrictions on it.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

The restrictions are to discourage credit card fraud. People were using stolen credit card numbers to purchase SC and gift items. The owners of the cards then stop the transactions and Sony loses.

There are other options though. Say if an account has been sub'd for X amount of time to any SOE game they could enable gifting, because the account has been proven to not be a throw-away free account. They'd just have to create a system to track it.
    Rozyn likes this.
  8. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you cannot gift the station cash, only items you purchase with station cash
  9. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Which is why I said "not even saying transfer SC, just gift myself cool things" in my original post. I meant gifting SC items there. :) At least I can buy some sweet housing items and just place them in my main account's houses.
  10. Qixil Active Member

What I would like to see is the option to "trade" SC in the trade window, even if it was limited to only gold accounts being able to provide the SC (and possibly all other types of accounts to receive). Not really sure why this would impact anything, unless it's just to keep people who've got big stashes of SC lying around from giving it away. This way, the receiving account can buy whatever they choose.
    Rozyn and Malleria like this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If you have a credit card on file, and set it to recurring charges, then buy Krono in game every month, then you'll just pay for the first month with actual money, and as long as you don't let the time expire, every month after the first can be paid for with plat. Once you hit the 60-day mark (IIRC, it is 60) you should be able to gift without any problem.
    Malleria likes this.