Fixed Internally Consecrate (paladin, 55) - cannot research upgrade

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Morukta, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I've recently been going over character spells & combat arts to upgrade. Some are being purchased, others are being researched thru the knowledge book 'upgrade' tab when not on the broker.

I have found that although I have scribed the Expert for Consecrate, level 55 Paladin CA, it does not show up in the list of possible upgrades for me to research. I have confirmed that it is NOT upgraded in the AA window (it's not even listed on the class training tab) and in-game tooltips confirm I have only the Expert level in my knowledge book.

Other than spending hours running zones & hoping for it to drop in a chest, how do I upgrade this if there are NO Masters on the broker & I cannot research it??

Server: Halls of Fate
    Character: Paladin, level 56
    Combat Art/Spell: Consecrate, level 55
  2. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

While going through my morning daily routine, I checked the upgrade tab and my paladin now shows 'Consecrate (Master)' level 55 is available for research! :D As soon as the current spell is finished (<24hr) I'll start that one, which should take 7.5 days.

Thanks!!
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Ok, dunno who did what, but WTH? o_O
    I started researching level 55 paladin, Consecrate (Master) this morning.
    While double-checking the other spells/arts available to be researched, I noticed that level 54 paladin, Devout Sacrament III (Master) is no longer listed. It was listed when the Consecrate bug was reported. I have a screenshot, but none of the necessary services to link it externally (and cannot paste it into a message...)

Somebody messed something up somewhere. :confused:

Do I now have to report another bug for that, even tho I'm sure it's related to this??? :rolleyes:
    I did already, forgot to link it here earlier...
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-level-54-devout-sacrament-iii-master.600868/
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I dunno what info is needed, I think I've been pretty clear about this bug.
    I reported this bug, because the level 55 Paladin spell/combat art "Consecrate" was NOT listed in the knowledge book upgrade tab to research (ie, upgrade from Expert to Master).
    Suddenly, on Sept 16 I saw it had appeared, so I started the upgrade research process.
    However, when I did that, I also noticed that the level 54 Paladin spell/combat art "Devout Sacrament III" was NO LONGER listed in the knowledge book upgrade tab to research (ie, upgrade from Expert to Master).
    I just verified again, the upgrade research for Consecrate is in progress and Devout Sacrament III is not listed for possible upgrade from Expert to Master.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

So, here's a screwball oddity -
    My paladin upgrade research for Consecrate (level 55) finished overnight.
    When I claimed it, BAM!, Devout Sacrament III (level 54) instantly reappeared in the list for upgrade research.

Obviously, there IS a bug that's causing spells/arts to disappear and reappear on the knowledge book upgrade tab list.

Everbug, Everbug, Everbug! :confused:
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I have just confirmed that this bug is an issue of spells/arts disappearing from the upgrade list when actively researching one. Which one is affected appears to be random, but I can't really determine that as a player as far as I know.

Today, I claimed the completion of Master quality "Blessing of the Paladin III", level 52. I confirmed that all spells/arts that I have at Expert quality were available to research Master upgrades.

I selected "Sigil of Heroism (Master)" to upgrade, and as soon as I clicked the start researching button arts/spells vanished from the list.
    Still showing are the following:
    level 52, Sigil of Heroism (Master) -- currently researching, started just as I am writing this update.
    level 53, Doom Judgment II (Master)
    level 54, Demonstration of Faith IV (Master)
    level 55, Heroic Dash IV (Master)
    level 56, Ancient Wrath IV (Master)

Not listed while researching Sigil of Heroism:
    level 54, Refusal of Atonement II (Master)

At least when the current researches are finished the missing arts/spells reappear, but this is an annoying bug.