Conjy utility

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ottesi, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Ottesi New Member

well I've only been playing for a couple of months (95 conjy now ) and I have noticed a few things that I think should be balanced because conjy getting the short end of the stick .
    1 necros gets lifeburn and soulburn (yes elemental blast is amazing just saying they should have to spec for one or the other ) .
    2 necros can heal , rez , FD making them super utility , conjy gets stone skin proc and one group stone skin and CoH ( group stone skin can be really clutch if you play your cards right) but aside from that necro has us topped. I mean heals and rez makes them more on demand for groups/raiding because they can do more utility period.
    3 they can charm undead . why cant we charm elementals? that would make sense right ?
    4 me and a guildie had a pet duel and the necro mage pet destroyed conjy mage pet (both masters) (no buffs)
    5 the mana regen they get from lich or whatever it is, is no longer a balancing act for them they can just heal them selfs right up without lifetap so in short they can pass out hearts all day long

so necro = heals(not the best but still)/dps/mana regen(i know we get shards)/ rez/charm(undead).
    conjy = stoneskin /shards/call.

Now I am not sure that anyone feels the same way about this as I do but I think they need to add a little utility to the conjy more than the stone skin and CoH. the classes share so many of the same spells and yet I feel we are getting shafted.
  2. Magic Missiles Active Member

EB completely out does Lifeburn DPS wise and at no risk to Conjy being near death everytime they cast it.
    Necros can charm undead but there are no undead in any of the new zones.
    Necro pet is better at self healing but does less damage than conjy pet.

Overall an equally geared Conjy is smashing Necro on dps.
    Give Necros an EB type of spell and you can have lifeburn :)
  3. Epixz Member

All your complains are not aimed at the right angle. the only thing you should be annoyed with is the fact that UT is better for necro than for you and yet for 6 years necro were at the bottom of the mage food chain so the fact they can now compete and make you have a run for it isnt an issue...
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I so prefer my conjy over my necro. No contest for me. Guess that's why their are so choice.
  5. Jolemai Active Member

I would recommend reading a little more into the Necromancer class before complaining they have everything and the Conjuror has very little. I would also suggest knowing your pet and how much damage it can and should be doing (Conjuror DPS is more from the pet than the Mage, Necromancer is the opposite way around - this is why buffs like Upbeat Tempo, Bolster, etc are better suited to them) and I would recommend talking to some veteran Conjuror players. Having only been at level 95 for a few months your journey has only just begun.
  6. Ottesi New Member

well you have all made some valid points and no i wouldn't trade EB for lifeburn as for the charm Undead Yes in ST contested there are mobs to charm that are undead ! and it adds an extra 80k or so DPS . i was geared better then the necro at the time of the pet duel and still lost :p(maybe im specced wrong in my AA's??) found that you can tinker yourself a FD so thats no biggie now . planeshift is ok in a "crap hit the fan" situation or a nice congy slap(SB,EU,BA,shift,then EB) at the end of a named fight but if you hit it in the start of a fight takes SB down for the duration of PS which kills the dps on the parse.
    never said necro's have everything just saying something seems a lil offish on utility with conjy is all. i dont want a rez but an extra way to heal our self's would be nice . transference is buggy so pet gets the heal sometimes instead of me ! or atleast make sacrifice crit. SIDE NOTE: and i did a parse on the mage pet and the tier below mage pet (both masters) and they roughly parse the same and seems like the kitty cat has a faster casting speed. anyone else try that ?