Conjuror rotation help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Excelle, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Excelle New Member

So I’ve been playing eq2 for awhile now and I feel like my dps is extremely low on my conj compared to my alt sk.

Can anyone offer some advice as to what rotations/aa build etc that they use? I’ve been using the swarm pets + crystal blast fiery annilhilation as my rotation on singles but the dps just feels really low for a T1 dps class.

My profile is here: https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594166847605 any advice as to gear etc would be really helpful as well. I’m working on 2.0 now but not really sure what to work towards after that at this point to improve my dps.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

rise DC and potency
    get orange runes (incluting the 4 enchanced BG runes)
    use 4 snacks
    heartbound (30 fervor)

massive dps on solo heroic PoP Mobs comes from ascension spells, fervor proc and the ancient planeswalker pet
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Casting order/normal spell rotation will vary based on your gear and buffs, and the quality of your spells (Apprentice, Adept, Master, Grandmaster). Different people figure this out in different ways. You probably should install Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT).

Next, you need a guildhall that has practice dummies (you want an Epic Dummy, then set it to Immortal). Even if your guild doesn't have one, you can use one in someone else's guildhall. Before we had guildhalls, we used to test DPS vs. breakable walls. If you have a higher level friend, you can have them remove their weapons and reactive buffs, and use them to hit. I'm just gonna refer to the dummy, but any alternate method is fine.

Using ACT, you clear all encounters in ACT. Set your default auto attack to Melee in your Character Options window in-game. Start combat with the training dummy, and then back out about 20m. You want to hit the dummy with the same spell, three times. Check the total damage that spell did in ACT, divide that number by 3, and use that as your base damage. A number of conjy spells have both a DD and a DOT component, so you may want to average 10 attacks or more on those (check total damage and divide by the number of attacks to get the average).

All your dumbfire pets have their own melee damage and spell damage, and the only way to figure that is using ACT. Add those together. Again, run 3 or more attacks, then divide by the number of attacks. For Communion, you have to add up:
    • aery assassin and Aery Assassinate
    • earthen eliminator and Telluric Devastation
    • fiery sorceror and Flames of Destruction

The raw damage is not necessarily how you sort your spell casting order. A spell that does lesser damage but which casts fast and can be recast quickly (Crystal Blast, Fiery Annihilation) will end up doing more DPS than something that casts slowly for a big whomp (like Earthquake).
    Carynn likes this.
  4. Xordus Member

I just started playing again and have an alt Conjy...level 95 I think. Are dumbfire pets used again? Last time I played ( 2 years ago at least) I took all my dumbfire pets off my hotbars.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dumbfires are doing some of your best damage.