Conjuror Firelord Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vertikley, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Vertikley New Member

Have some questions about Firelord. Trying to figure out best way to maximize its dps potential in raids and etc. Should I be casting Fiery Annihilation until it procs then cast Consuming Inferno? That seems logical with faster refresh of Fiery Annihilation but am I going to loose dps if Firelord doesn't proc much? Or should i just be casting Consuming Inferno and hope it's refreshed if Firelord is up? Been away from the game for 20 years so trying to figure out what majority of Conjurors do.

Also, is there any notification other then the icon (ie chat window etc) that Firelord, Windlord, or Earthlord is up?
  2. Bakual Member

I haven't found a notification I can use (eg for an ACT trigger). I would be interested as well :)
    Personally I don't care about it. It's an free added bonus when it triggers, but I'm no adjusting to it.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

You can make an optical notification in DarqUi if Firelord or Windlord triggers if they are in the first 30 effects.
    In this notification you see the duration of Firelord too, so you can decide to wait for Consuming Inferno or use eg Blazing Avatar for the instant cast.

Maintained Spell Monitor - 2 entries for Firelord & Windlord

Fiery Annihilation has a duration of 24 seconds, so it's not nercessary to reast it every 4 seconds, but Consuming inferno does much more dmg
  4. Bakual Member

Does this appear in the maintained window? I think I only saw it ever in the spell effect window. But will check.
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

it appears in maintained.
    you'll need to do significant spell-hiding spring-cleaning (to chain the clean-up of your maintained window) to semi-reliably have it always show up in-combat in maintained
  6. Bakual Member

Yep, worked now. Thanks.