Conjie Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Stirkettle, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Stirkettle New Member

Bear with me, some of these I'm not sure how to phrase them ;)

So, I know that when soloing it doesn't really matter what I do or how I do it -- mostly -- but if I want to do heroic dungeons with a group, are there spells I should be using that aren't single-target or AOE nukes? Like, should I be looking to use any of those 30-second buffs on players or my pet? Or are they time I could better spend just nuking? Forgive me if this is a "dumb" question.

If I'm using one of my pets, am I better off with the Mage pet or the Scout? Currently when soloing I always use the Mage pet & a healer Merc.

Once I get higher level, is there a "better" Ascension path to follow? & how important is it to have a God?

MTIA.
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Thalador Active Member

I am wondering the same thing
  3. VeloEQ2 Member

So, bear in mind this is with me only playing RoR and not really touching BoZ, but from the sounds of things nothing has changed.

Scout pet, always, always, always.
    Mage pet just hasn't been useful in quite some time, it used to be alright when their were 3+ mobs for the AoEs, but now it just can't keep up with the scout. Always run your pet in offensive stance when in a heroic, defensive stance your pet will constantly yank agro and that's where the stereotype for conjy pets come from.

If you are using DarqUI, set up the spell monitor to monitor the spells Firelord, Earthlord, Windlord. When you see Firelord is on, cast Consuming Inferno, Earthlord feel free to use Sacrifice/Stoneskins, and Windlord Crystal Blast. They make them instant casts, and for the sacrifice/stoneskins it cuts their reuse in half. I cannot stress enough how important it is that you time your inferno casts with the Firelord. That is your big hit and to have it instant cast works great. If you keep track of your ready-up, always use Consuming Inferno right before your Ready Up is set to hit. Let Consuming Inferno/Fiery Annihilation run their full course, they ramp up in damage dramatically. If you wish to go a step further with DarqUI add Consuming Inferno, Vampire Bats, Fiery Annihilation (basically all your DoTs) to be able to track them and know when they need to be refreshed.

For ascension class, pick your favorite OR go with Geomancer for Xenolith. Use damage changers to change your damage to cold or fire to ensure you are getting that JUICY effectiveness from the Fury RoR Epic spell.

Casting : Consuming Inferno (w/ Firelord) > Elemental Blast > Planar Burst > Communion > Aqueous Swarm > Roaring Flames > Fiery Annihilation (until Firelord procs) > Vampire Bats > Winds of Velious
    Also cast Shockwave and Magic Leash whenever up, they are instant cast and can be cast while already casting something else (free DPS). Cast Blazing Avatar as often as you can to proc Elemental Blast resets. Keep Planar Shift up on your pet constantly. IF you are out of buttons to cast in that order then you go to Crystal Blast and continue using it until something in the lineup comes up. If in doubt, Blast it out.

AoE Fights : Use basically all the AoEs you have depending on what AA lines you went with and then go around the enemy list and put Fiery Annihilation and Vampire Bats on EVERY single mob. If you can keep track of which mobs you've put it on then you will be able to keep up with AoE classes in terms of DPS. It's sweaty, it sucks, but if you wanna put good numbers up that's what you gotta do. If the mobs stay up long enough, refresh your DoTs on all of them.

Pre-cast : Ascensions > Blazing Avatar > Planar Shift > Elemental Unity(Questionable use, I still cast it though) and then Blightfire directly on pull. Your time to shine is when you hit that Blightfire button, use that exact cast order above right after blightfire and you will do some good DPS. You wanna fit as many big hits into that 9-10 seconds as possible.

Make a macro attached to Fiery Annihilation or Vampire Bats *Or both* for /pet attack to ensure your pet is always on a mob.

I am probably forgetting some things as it's been a month since I've played, but figured I'd share some of the things I've learned playing Conj throughout RoR.

If you run into agro issues, which as a Conj you really shouldn't you have Energy Clash to get nameds off your pet and bewilderment to get them off of you. If Clash is down, desummon your pet then use bewilderment. Magic Leash takes care of the pet agro fairly well.

-Waeux
    Some credit due for Fiesta for showing me how to play the Conj when I made it originally and Mazser's guide for giving me more of the information needed to get "good".

Link to Mazser's Guide which although is 2 years old, VERY relevant and good information.
    EQ2 Conjuror Guide - Google Docs

Oh also, having a Deity is important, I would do the quests.. some of the Deity spells are absolutely awesome, but the main benefit is the Fervor/Crit Bonus stats you get from having the deity pet up.
    Denebi, Stirkettle and Beee like this.