Conj Pets vs Necro pets.

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-select20, May 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-select20 Guest

Just quick question. Conj pets vs Necro pets. Am I correct in saying that conj pets are stronger than Necro pets? through reading through the forums here I'm getting that Conj's rely more on their pets than Necros for dps. So I'm guessing that means their pets are stronger?

Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Conjurers do rely more on their pets than necromances, but how exactly, i don't know, more dps atleast.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

I am a conji and have never played a necro. Conjis have different abilities they cast to temporary increase the damage of their pet, like temp. buffs that let the pet deal extra damage x times or for a certain amount of time. Also our biggest damage ability (elemental blast) is a pet ability that we have to acitivate.
    I was told that necros do not have abilities like that.
    When i send it my pet and i then just sit and watch, it's dps on single mobs is about the same as mine (in my current gear). If i activate those pet abilites, its dps shoots up a lot and is much higher than mine.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dtot Guest

I've played both and my main is a necromancer. We have nothing in comparrison to EB i wished. Our aa line for eb is Accelerated Decay wich only kills us faster YAY more dead Necromancer I'm loving it. The only thing i have for my pet for a prebuff is small damage proc on each spell they cast for 30 sec.
    As far as pet dps my mage pet on necro does bout 3 k to my 12-14k avrage dps. now on the other hand i have seen conj parse double mine.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aliram Guest

Shalin@Runnyeye wrote:
    It's not a pet ability btw, it's conjy's spell. It's affected by our stats (int, potency itc), but just fires off pet and uses his and crit chance and crit bonus.
    Dtot wrote:
    How on earth your pet can do only 3k? It's apprentice?
    Dtot wrote:
    Yea, and I have seen necros who parse 60k.
    No offense, I just want necros to stop saying that conjys are OP...
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Aliram wrote:
    Yes, it is a pet spell. If you name your pet something different, you'll see very clearly that the pet is credited with the damage from the spell. The only thing we do is basically "tell" the pet when to cast it.
    All Summoner pets take their owner's INT now. They have their own potency, which is applied to EB, thus why you see bigger EB's when the pet is Plane Shift'ed.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sunshine Guest

Banditman wrote:
    It might be though that the tool tip is bugged. It really uses pet stats, which is why it doesnt crit 100% (usually pet crit is lower, mine is unbuffed 29%, raid average 70%)
  9. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Yeah, it's easy to test the difference between the pets on their own. If you get a necro with the same sort of pet gear, and have both your pets on training dummies the parses will be extremely similiar. It's basically the mechanics of spells like Blazing Avatar, Elemental Unity, Planeshift and Elemental Blast that make up the difference and really make the pet's stats matter more for the conjuror. At least only for stuff like crit/critbonus/potency since these spells will still use your reuse/casting.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

With the exception of class specific buffs, spells, and AAs that Conjurors and Necromancers each have, Conjuror and Necromancer pets are virtually identical in overall damage output. It's the specific abilities that each class has that tips it in one way or the other.
  11. ARCHIVED-joeyfishcakes Guest

So the pets are pretty much exactly the same its only the temporary buffs a conjuror gets that makes their pet better?
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

It's not that the pets are "close" to the same, they are almost EXACTLY the same.
    This is a comparison a guildmate and I did of the current tier master pets. We both stripped off all our armor and clicked off all our buffs. We were able to determine that the remaining differences probably boiled down to the stat food and character trait choices we had made. Note that you can see the problem by looking at Minion's Mark, which is the exact same spell, where mine (the Conjy) listed as a higher value. Basically, I was eating some stat food (he wasn't) and I had made INT trait choices where he took STA.
    Here are the screenies:

[IMG]

[IMG]