Conj Pet Damage Broken

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Darwiin, May 27, 2015.

1. Darwiin Active Member

Ok so we get a new proc on Planeshift today as a conj. You look at the spell and it clearly says that a Mage Fire pet will now have a 17% chance to proc Igneous Flames on any damage spell doing base damage of74092-101347.
    Just doing simple math here and but my pets CB is 1193.
    Let just assume that there isn't a 1.5x multiplier for damage with pet's Crit Bonus like most mages get and it is only a 1x damage increase. My pet should hit for roughly 740k-1000k(a million just rough math)

Well believe me it doesn't. Checking my ACT logs Igneous Flames never hits for more than 500k on a Dummy. More often than not it hit closer to around about 200k.

Think the Dummy has some sort of crazy Fire Resist I pop my own Fiery Annihilation Spell with a Flat Initial base Hit of 46,794. My Crit Bonus is 1093.(when fighting) Mage CBDamage Multiplier is 1.5x which mean I should hit around 770k. So I look at ACT for initial hit damage and see I am hitting for around 693k. So either Daybreak Game Math is super funky or Dummy have a good amount of resist. In this case roughly around 10%.(again very rough math)

So now we go back to Pet damage. 10% of 740k would be 74k which means the pet should be hitting for nothing less than 650k on target over the 1 minute plane shift is up. (not to mention Plane Shift actually adds 27% potency to pet which in theory increase base damage.

As you can see the pet damage is still extremely far off. Either the Pet screen is off on pets stats, Day Break Game's Math is at 1+1=3 level, or pet damage as has always been the case is extremely broken. And when I say broken, it doing less than 1/3 the damage it should. My opinion is nothing adds up even before the pet changes, but clearly this Igneous spell seems to be extremely broken.

Anyone else care to chime in on this?
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I will post the imgur's I have for this.

http://imgur.com/BSWUJ30 - Thunderous Attack (Only the Trigger Portion)

http://imgur.com/dCorKkw - Incinerate Hit.

With the damage variance of the read that I have plane shift grandmastered (behind the incinerate the variance I have is under it), the damage does not seem to be where it should. If correct, I would think it would crit for a little less than half to a third of a normal crit incinerate but the fabled crits could barely reach 900k. The incinerate crit for 8.2m easy. The way I tested incinerate was just to have the pet dps the dummy under 50 then wait for all the elemental debuffs to go off. Once done I just hit incinerate so there would not be any resist issues that may be brought up later. The pet's debuffs were applied to the dummy during the trigger testing. Since this is the primary scout quick attack that is supposed to be trigger I am guessing either the tooltip is displaying incorrectly or our scout pet's primary quick attack is also not doing the damage it should be because it was relatively the same as the trigger damage.

I would assume the mage, tank, and healer pet are either displaying incorrectly or doing less damage than they should too.
  3. Enigma Active Member

This could also be the reason why the necro scout pet does less dps than the conjy scout pet.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

That's okay. If it makes you feel better, the necromancer mage pet does more dps than the conj mage pet. That is not the issue at hand here though. :)
  5. Enigma Active Member

Well the gap between the conjy mage pet and necro mage pet is like 50k dps i believe while the necro scout pet and conjy scout pet dps gap is like 100-300k dps. I wouldn't mind if they just made them all equally balanced.
  6. Darwiin Active Member

Yes the tool tip could be broken because its based off my Potency/Intel but that said the pet windows is showing the Pet at roughly the same Potency/intel. Not to mention the 27% increase in Potency the pet gets when PlaneShift is Active (not really that large anymore) Take all that into account ACT has showed the spell hitting for as little as 150k. For all the numbers to work out that would mean the spell minimum damage rating couldn't be more what 15k? That sound completely off for a spell from any mage that has over 1k Potency. I am sorry I don't buy that. Over 1 minute of Planshift the spell was either cast or "proc" 8 times. (without planeshit same spell gets cast 4-5 times a minute) based off ACT that mean it proc maybe 4 times over 1 min. It also doublecast 4 more times. So the extra 4 times it probably went off means it gave me a boost of around 1 million extra damage over 60 seconds or translate into 15k extra dps for 1 mins. The spell comes up once every 5 mins with 100% reuse. 3k damage if the fight last 4 min and 59 seconds lol. (I know that being picky) WTF even make the change if that's all your getting out of it.

All I want from DBG is either a blub saying "Working as Intended" or "We are looking into it" I don't even care if they say "No Time Table on Fix" just an knowing they are looking into the issue would be nice. 9/10 things DBG Dev know about, they never even acknowledge are broken until the release a patch 6 month later saying the fix it. How many players have you lost in that time because they gave up on the game thinking nobody cares?
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

From the testing I did with you, specifically, ACT had shown there was approximately 200-300k difference between our mage pets just on single target. This means that per linked target addition there is an additional 200k-300k dps the necromancer mage pet gains, whereas the scout pet for a conj is static.

You also told me that when you were running the same amount of ability mod as me that your pet was doing the same as mine. Take this to another thread please.
  8. Enigma Active Member

Both the mage and the scout pets have gaps but it does not change the fact that they should in the end be made equally in dps.
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

If they are doing less damage than they should, I would think this would be affecting necromancers as well.
  10. Darwiin Active Member

Not sure how this conversation got off subject, but this isn't a Necro pet thread. (nothing against the necros) If they are going to take a look at the Conj pet (which I doubt as I have seen nothing to suggest that the Devs have even seen this thread) than I would assume it might also fix the Necro pet too. I just want an explaination as to why the large gap in what damage we should be seeing as to what I am seeing, because really if all I can expect is a 3k bump in my parse over 5 mins raid fight, than why even make the PlaneShift change at all? I mean I am doing 15 Million on single targets and 25 Million on group targets in raids, so why do I even care about the ever so small change? Even over a short 1 minute fight your looking at best a 15k change.(even a linked group of 4 wouldn't do more than a 60k bump)
  11. Anunnaki Active Member

The damage on this is so broken I can't even start to get an idea of what it is doing. At first it seemed like it wasn't affected by ability mod (even though the tool-tip shows that it is) but I am having a hard time confirming this since there is a crazy amount of variance.
  12. Buffrat Well-Known Member

First of all your testing methods are atrocious. My CB is 1093 (when fighting) means absolutely nothing and you're ignoring so many variables nothing you posted is valid. You won't always have 1093 CB. The only way to test mechanics like this accurately is to basically take all of your jewelry/proc adornments off.

Secondly, that's not how crit bonus modifier works. As a mage (basically any class now I think) your base crit damage modifier is indeed 1.5x. What this means is, with 0 crit bonus, when you crit, it deals 150% damage. If you hit for 10k, you crit for 15k. All of this fancy thousands of crit bonus we have now are additive. If you have 1093 crit bonus, you should be multiplying your damage by * 12.43, not * 10.93 * 1.5.

Thirdly I'm pretty sure Igneous Flames is actually the name of a conjuror pet spell as well so ACT results will be skewed unless you control pet and cast at the mob on your own.
  13. Anunnaki Active Member

Which you can no longer do.

EDIT: That is the reason for the variance and I didn't even realize it since I have been doing testing with the scout pet and I dont really know its spells. The attacks listed in Plane Shift are spells that are already cast by the pet. Which makes it very very hard to determine what is going on with this spell.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a mage pet spell, yes, there is a way to control this, and yes it is EXTREMELY easy. It will only show the triggered hits and not the spell casts.
  15. Veta Well-Known Member

Yes you can still do it. Send me a tell and I will explain, you are in for a treat my friend. My only concern is why is it critting for less than my top variance read. Yes, I understand in all situations my stats will not be the same but when its just dummy testing, there will be no stat variation.