Coniaric Presents: Varig Ro

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Coniaric, May 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

It had been a long while since last one (Morell-Thule) and after the recent expansion and the updates & game holidays, I'd come back with the latest.
    It is Varig Ro. The son of Solusek Ro. The Forge Lord. A brawny man made of living black iron. He's the god of the craftsmanship - weapons, armor, and various more - he is the best there is in the universe. Other gods wield the weapons he made; interestingly enough, those included the Dragon's Temper and Gorynn's Fist.
    Well ... without further ado ... here's my verison of Varig.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

Definately god like! :D
    Great job with him, he's so yummy and bulky! hehe
  3. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

So he's Hephaestus then? And I agree about the yummy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

Ah, you may will be surprised. Or may not.
    In my brief research into Varig, I came across a piece of lore and what I found in there was interesting.
    Varig Ro has a deep attraction to none other than the Goddess of Love - Erollisi Marr herself - and Tholuxe Paells took advantage of that attraction to part Varig from his prized battleaxe. The deal was that he give over the axe and Tholuxe'll get him Erollisi - even for a short time. Varig took the deal and three days later after he gave away his axe, Erollisi Marr came to his forge. Just as he got close to the goddess, the illusion faded away, leaving behind a disfigured female human in her stead - so Tholuxe had tricked Varig. Why Tholuxe wanted the battleaxe was unclear ... but eventually the battleaxe made its way to Norrath.
    It was the Dragon's Temper - the Berserker's epic weapon - a weapon once belonged to Varig Ro.
    There are some parallels between Hephaestus and Varig plus their interest in the goddess of love - Aphrodite and Erollisi, respectively. Though, one was married and other was not.
    _________
    On other subject ... it would be nice to be able to see view counts as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

Yes it would be nice to see the view counts. I know when I wrote stories and noone replied it was disheartening. I wish they'd reinstate that ability.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Now I feel guilty :) I know the feeling from my housing posts, and I actually immediately went to this thread when I saw Coniaric had posted a new picture and totally neglected to comment! But I have been wondering if/when he'd post something new, and this is definitely a wonderful picture. mmmm :)
    But, is it entirely clear that the crone was not actually Erollisi playing a trick on Varig? After all, what female wouldn't be annoyed to find out that she was being traded for a weapon, especially a goddess!
  7. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

Maybe so. How the tale was written, though, seems to point toward it being all Tholuxe's doing. Still, it's a favor traded for a weapon ... it's not like Erollisi was permanently promised to Varig ... but it's probably still not as appealing either way.
    And a very tiny sneak peek to next item.
    [IMG]
    Also, check out coniaric.deviantart.com for the past stuff so there is no need to try to dig through this forum for threads I had posted in the past year.