Confused by Sealing The Rift Quest

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by LifeTwo, Dec 10, 2014.

1. LifeTwo New Member

Okay, I did a Search on this first for this forum and came up empty, so maybe I'm just a doofus, but...

I'm baffled by one of the baby quests in the Darklight Woods starter area. I've been told to find this rift and seal it... somehow. Thing is, there's absolutely no indication given of how exactly I'm supposed to do that. I've tried killing everything in the cave, (including the crazy cultist woman at the back) I've clicked on just about every square inch of everything in the area in the hope of triggering a secret magic doodah of some kind... no joy. When I click on the marker on the mini-map to get the twinkly trail it always leads me to this same cave, so I know I'm at the right place, but - what in the ruddy heck do I do? Why is there no clue given in the quest text?

As a side note, i'm also trying to do the Harvesting - again, another low-level one that's already gone grey for me. I've got everything but the 3 sunfish, which I can't get because.. there doesn't appear to be any water in this neck of the woods. There's plenty in the higher-level areas, but they're all filled with giant crocodile things and trout, not sunfish. Again. there's a blue area on the mini-map that looks like it's supposed to be water... but there's no water there when I go to it. I even wondered if perhaps it's at different height, at the top of a hill or underground or something - but there's no way to climb higher or go underground either, as far as I can tell.

Officially baffled. Any advice would be welcomed.
  2. TechUp Active Member

Sealing the Rift - Go back to Hate's Envy and look for the craters over by the first two quest givers. There will be a click-able rock at each crater. If you mouse over them you should get a hand icon.

Sunfish - The only place in Darklight is the rivers (where you saw the alligators) up past the next set of quest givers . The bad thing about fishing in Darklight is you only get one pull on each node unlike everywhere else.
  3. rangich New Member

hey for the sealing the rift quest you are in the wrong spot go to right in front of the gilr who gave you the quest and there are these wird mounds click the middle and you are done!:)
  4. LifeTwo New Member

Thanks! You've both been WAAY more helpful than the NPC who gave me the quest, who merely yelled at me when I went back to ask her about it again ;)

Looks like I'll be stealthing me way back up to the alligator pool again then, trying not to get my brains eaten by zombies. Oh well, at least I'm a nice 'tough' level 5 now...

Thanks again!