Confused by Combat Art Progression

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-ForceUser, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-ForceUser Guest

Every level I gain, I find it difficult to discern which arts to lose and which to keep on the toolbars. My monitor is a 19" and I have to play on 1024 x 768 resolution, which means that I only really have room for two toolbars on my screen at this time (four is the maximum number of toolbars that can be displayed at once, for those who didn't know).

There are a LOT of combat arts in my book at level 22, and it will only get worse as levels increase. Should I stop using arts that are blue, green and gray? Should I stop using arts that overlap on the combat wheel? Which is better with regard to overlapping arts - a green adept I or an orange apprentice I? I struggle with these questions.

I don't find the combat arts system intuitive. Is there a way to tell which arts overlap, or which you should use? Should you always make room for the new art when you ding, replacing an older one? What do you keep on your toolbar, and why? Can anyone make sense of this system?
  2. ARCHIVED-Daayz Guest

start being replacements about 19ish i think ..at 22nd atm Wild swing, Kick, Shout, assault have all been replaced by newer skills that work off the same timers.
  3. ARCHIVED-SuperDoo Guest

As a general guideline, if you recieve an upgrade to a skill it will come 14 levels after the previous skill. Our first upgrade, Focused Strike, comes at level 15 replacing our level 1 Wild Swing. Feign Death comes at level 14, Play Dead at 28 and Stop Heart at 42.