Confused about WIS stat

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-Bingeaux, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Bingeaux Guest

When I hover my mouse over my WIS stat in Persona window, I see that it improves my damage and power.
    But it does nothing to improve my healing? I realize I'm capable of a certain amount of damage, although not a huge amount, but why would I want my main stat as a healer, the one that defines whether a piece of jewelry for example is for me or a scout, to contain WIS specifically (other than power)?
    Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

It is a combination of a few things:

1) used to be relevant for resists and was sortof left as an artifact from the old days
    2) increases healing for some classes due to myth buffs so it is still a semi relevant healing stat for them
    3) indicates what class(es) a piece of gear is for

I still occasionally swap in str sta gear with better blue stats; there's nothing really forcing you to use only wis gear
  3. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

Wisdom does exactly two things for all priest types:
    1. Increases your auto-attack damage and spell/CA damage
    2. Increases your total power pool
    For some priests, it will result in other increases once they have received their mythical or mythical buff:
    Furies: Healing is increased by 10% of the fury's wisdom
    Templars: Increases the healing of Supplicant's Prayer and Divine Prayer by 20% of the templar's wisdom
    Mystics: Wards are increased by 30% of the mystic's wisdom
    Once upon a time, wisdom increased all non-physical resistances but that was removed a while back when stats were completely overhauled.
    It would be nice if wisdom did something to increase our healing, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
  4. ARCHIVED-alaplayer Guest

Not having a healer (at least one that I play) I may be way off here, if I am and someone says then it will only clear up my own confusion.
    WIS - Should increase the amount that a spell heals the same way additional STR, INT, AGI affect the damage of combat art and spells for other classes. Yes it increases your power pool and I'm sure there is a point of diminishing returns, but heals are really the same thing as 'damage' just in reverse.
    When I examine heal spells they say heals X amount of damage, not %.
    It sounds as if it is being said that heals from a toon with 2000 WIS would be the same as 3000 WIS assuming the gear was the same and one had a (hypothetical) +1000 WIS Adorn.
    That just doesn't sound right at all.
  5. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yet for some strange reasons WIS will only increase the power pools and damage - exceptions being Fury, Mystic, Templar.
    My guess is SOE were trying to help the healers with DPS since EQ2 is more or less a soloplayer game until max level. Not to forget that mobs have got a lot more hitpoints since DoV.
    Having WIS influence DPS and healing could be pretty dangerous for the balance between healers.