Confused about Scorched Sky/Jubilaton. Can't find Hot Hoppers recipe after completion.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lambro, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Lambro Member

I started playing a few days ago and wanted to get in on this Scorched Sky before it ended.

I started the quest in Butcherblock yesterday. I ran Doomsfire solo yesterday and completed it yesterday.

I still can not see the recipe Hot Hoppers on the event merchants nor on the Jubilee merchants.

On top of that I heard that the quest I did for Doomsfire is repeatable every 18 hours but it resets every day at 3 AM EST. Welp I completed the quest for there yesterday around 4:30 PM EST and I still have not been able to get it again a day later.

Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged for me?
  2. Traesta Member

I believe you have to be 120 to see the recipe for Hot Hoppers and you have to kill the Boss Frog. As for resetting the dungeon, did you go to dungeon finder (sorry I can't remember what the keyboard shortcut for it is as I had to rebind mine) and reset it there?
  3. Lambro Member

I've killed the frog. Cleared all bosses in Doomsfire and created the doll at the end and finished the quest. I have the frog skin in my inventory. I wish there was a way to find out if it is not working for me because it's level 120 or if it's because I am F2P silver account.

I can reset the instance as many times as I want in a 24 hour period and re run it. That's not the issue. The issue is there is supposedly a quest/mission that is on an 18 hour cool down and it's supposed to get auto added to your journal when you zone into Doomsfire a day later. Which that is not working for me either. At least someone told me there was a daily quest/mission you get there every day. And wiki mentions an 18 hour mission as well but doesn't exactly say what it is either.

So a bit confused.
  4. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

The achievement is "Out Sweat the Sweatshop", and it's 6 times for the event mission, which should be given every 18 hours when you zone into the Solo version. As for the recipe for Hot Hoppers, after you've finished the zone on the first pass, the recipe should show up on the event vendor *the ember merchant, not apprentice*, for 20 coins of ember.. BUT.. I've completed the zone (and the quest Combusting at the Seams), on all my alts (23 chrs overall), only 1 is 125, the rest are 95-100, and they can't see the recipe on the vendor.
    Chikkin likes this.
  5. Lambro Member

Ahh so it's probalby a 120 or 125 character level needed then for the recipe.

And what do you mean by ''event mission'' ? I did the questline yesterday. Completed it before 5 PM EST. It's now 5:15 PM EST and I still haven't gotten the daily for it again. It just won't give it to me when I zone in.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

You have to be level 120 or higher to be offered a repeatable mission inside Doomfire:Ro's Sweatshop every 18 hours. It's a quest called Snuffing the Fabrician of Flame [Event]. Pretty much kill last boss type of thing, so have to run the whole instance.

The quest you got in Butcherblock is not the mission, that quest takes place in that instance but it's only repeatable once a year
    Lambro likes this.