Confused about Kronos & Their Use

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Azola, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Azola Member

Feeling completely like the senior citizen I am today.:) We want to purchase the latest expansion for our daughter and it appears that we can buy Kronos with SC and gift her with enough of those to let her add the expansion to her account. (One of the times we are wishing there WAS a boxed version to wrap and put under the tree.) Our questions are,
    (1) how many Kronos are we going to need to do that and
    (2) how does she do that if using one buys a months membership?
  2. Natsume Member

I don't think Krono's allow you to buy an expansion ... do they?

It's an item, that once consumed gives you a membership. This item happens to be trade-able.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Kronos can only be used for one month's membership. They can be bought in game for plat, or with real life money.

If you want the expansions, they now only cost real life money.

You CAN make trades online - expansion codes for krono/station cash, but I would only do that with someone you trusted - a friend or guildie.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

And where does one purchase an expansion code? I'd like to get 5.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Well now that you mention it... MY senior side says off a box... but yeah... that's old fashioned. Maybe you can gift an expansion in exchange for kronos... haha
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't buy the box anymore. I think I could buy 1 CoE expansion with my steam account and maybe get a code I could gift, not sure. I'm not going to find out cause I *hate* steam and will not give them another cent.