"company wide publishing blackout"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Prismata, Oct 12, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I was looking back at some of the production calendars it looks like this is the first time one has had an effect on EQ2 which would be why. But it's understandable.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Oh...oh no.
    Marae, Lateana, Hartsmith and 5 others like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm finally going to get my bouncing squishy-sounding evil eye spacehopper mount.
    Breanna, Jaden, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver
    Does the move from the 27th November to the 20th mean that the next patch will be on November 3rd ?
    I asked as this the Election Day in your country.
    Breanna and Jaden like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

No, patches aren't every two weeks they are the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month so it will move back to that schedule.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I respectfully ask, will we see the EQ1 expansion announcement (or announcement of delay) on or around October 20? The announcement typically falls right after the sale. Players may panic or worry if none is published.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer I am willing to share at the moment. There will be an announcement soon.
  8. Tigerr Well-Known Member

While I, like everyone, am just speculating, I can say that "Blackouts" and/or release freezes are incredibly common in the industry. Most of the time, release freezes are brought upon by upcoming earnings reports and/or the political climate. It also sometimes occurs when markets are impacted by something in the news cycle.

Or, it could be something as simple as an infra change that prompted a company wide code freeze.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Naramee Active Member

copy- A blackout period in financial markets is a period of time when certain people—either executives, employees, or both—are prohibited from buying or selling shares in their company or making changes to their pension plan investments. With company stock, a blackout period usually comes before earnings announcements.- end of copy.
    I would say it is something like this. A secret coming up
  10. Kenn Well-Known Member

They may need a week to demo and they don't want a patch to ruin the demo.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Probably have Dreamweaver taking over but they forgot to mention that Ttobey will be the new Community Manager which is when Dream passed out and is now "taking a much needed R&R."
    Marae, Breanna, dreamweaver and 2 others like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Lol I wouldn't do that to you all.
    Marae, Breanna and ttobey like this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Heard Ttobey was pressing hard. Was going to offer a new mount in November called the "Ttobey T-bird." Looked like a turkey, but actually shot flames out of its beak. It also made a wet, flatulence shaped cloud coming from the south end that did AOE noxious damage in the range of 2 million every 35 seconds. Stats were increase of 250+ primary attributes, 5 million to potency and 2500 to CB overcap. Only available through November. Ofc, that could be wild speculation. You know how the channel talk can get.
    Carynn, dreamweaver, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

So it looks like EQ1 got a patch (and patch notes) and launched Beta today.

It sounds like this blackout may be related to an "all hands on deck" approach for each game's expansion beta/launch.