Companion Research Bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Anastaise, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Anastaise Active Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Splendor Sky Aerie 3
    Character: Level 130 Fury

Summary: Companion Research Bugged
    Description: My Mercenary Cintrina Ironwill Research is completed, but it won't allow me to claim it. I click the claim button and nothing happens. I have the plat and status to purchase it.
    Beee and Twyla like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

We have a guildie that is having same issue.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Lemilla Active Member

You must also have the previous mercenary token in your inventory or used. If you threw that away, you can start over.
    Taled likes this.
  4. Anastaise Active Member

i can't do anything with the window. The only thing I can do is click the claim button and nothing happens. There is no option to start over. There is also zero indication that you have to have the previously researched mercenary in your bags.
  5. Anastaise Active Member

I went to my restore item tab and Kalidahd was there. I went ahead and paid the DC to get the token back and was able to claim Cintrina Ironwill. This is a major flaw with the companion research window. There needs to be some kind of indication on the window that the previous token is required.I also noticed it didn't consume the Kalidahd token, but you still had to have it in your bag to claim the next mercenary.
  6. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I can confirm you don't have to have the token in your bags to claim the next mercenary, but I did consume the token (didn't destroy it). That process should be changed so that claiming the previous one is all you need, not to keep/use. (Or make it clear you have to keep/use them.)
    Twyla likes this.