Coming Back to Stay? ToV Pre-order have Coe?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Knightjim151, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Knightjim151 Member

So I am finally coming back to Everquest 2 to stay for a while. I just pre-ordered ToV, I see I have the Pre-Order Cloak I can claim. Does this mean I have CoE too? What about the potion that gaves a character 280 AA do I get any free of those?

Thank you!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

CoE is included in ToV.
    If you preorder ToV, you can access CoE content immediately. I have no idea if you get the claim items that were included in the CoE individual sale.
  3. Annshadow New Member

ARGGHHHH.

I just asked in the customer service forum about this.

I just returned last week and THOUGHT I was getting the most up-to-date version by buying Chains of Eternity. Now I learn, that it does not include the mercs (which is what prompted me to get the update) which royally ticked me off, and NOW I learn that I actually paid MORE for the CoE update than the Tears of Vesheen update that Includes the Chains of Eternity update.

I hate being cheated. I doubt I can cancel payment on my credit card but I am seriously thinking of it.

I am really pissed off!
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Annshadow, if you had asked the question in this forum (i.e. Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion) prior to making the purchase, any of us players would have been more than happy to advise you to wait until Tears of Veeshan became available (although we didn't know that they were going to make CoE immediately available to those that pre-ordered ToV), because they generally bundle the previous content expansions with the one that comes out. Also, if you had asked any of us which expansion contained mercs, we would have told you that it was AoD, but that they were planning to go ala carte with it (although we didn't know the exact date of the ala carte until quite recently), so you should hold off on that as well.

I'm not saying this to make you feel silly. I'm saying this to let you know that we have a community here that is more than willing to give you good advice* - all you have to do is ask.

That said, I wish you luck in resolving the issue.

* That isn't to say that we don't have a few people that like to troll**. I doubt that there is a MMO out there that doesn't have at least a small population of them. Luckily, though, most of the people that will respond to posts are usually willing to discuss things civilly (as long as you don't start insulting them - if that happens, then all bets are off).
    ** There are a few people like me that may, periodically, say things that may initially seem to be trolling, but are really just attempts at lightening the mood***.
    *** When I die, the inscription on my tombstone will probably read, "He thought it was funny." :eek: :D
    Tariya likes this.
  5. Annshadow New Member

Great advice.

So, tell me, what mistakes should I ask you about that I don't know exist?

Anyway, I came back to this post to say that EQ2 customer service has done right by me, as they have in the past and I would like to thank someone on a different post who gave me actual advice that I could use for the suggestion.
  6. Ahupu Well-Known Member

"Perhaps, "What is the latest expansion and how do I get the mercs? " should have been asked in the forums." Seems like a smarmy answer from Rotherian, but in truth it is not. While approaching customer service is great advice after the fact, he is giving you advice to help you in the future. When one is uncertain there is no shame in asking those who may have the answers you seek*, and it will almost certainly save you frustration.

Additionally there is a search function for the forum, if you felt foolish asking you could simply have typed in "Latest Expansion" and found pages of posts on the subject AND gotten an answer.

To reference your quote you knew what you did not know and chose to make a decision without rectifying the situation. Should have taken Donald's advice to heart.

*Then again they may not, but I know for a fact there are at least a half dozen (probably more) threads from the last two months where the very question of what the latest expansion is and what expansion includes mercenaries** were asked. All of them were answered CoE but ToV is coming out soon and AoD which will be broken up and the features sold a la carte soon.

** In spirit if not in fact. "What xpacs do I need to be up to date?", may have been the actual question, but the answer is the same.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Annshadow, I didn't mean it like that, and I'm pretty sure you are perceptive enough to know that.

What I was saying was that a quick, "Hey, everyone, I'm thinking about _____________. Anything I should know?" generally garners positive responses from our community. So I was letting you know that if you have any other things (in the future) that you might not be sure about, EQ2's community will generally give you the information you need (unlike some other games where a majority of the playerbase would try to ridicule anyone asking questions until they stop asking - we do have a few players like that, but they don't comprise a significant portion of the game's population).

I'm glad that you got it resolved. If I hadn't been as tired as I was when I made that previous post, I probably would have suggested that you either post in the Support Forums, or call the Customer Support number. I apologize for the oversight.

Roth