Coming back to EQ2 Soon, Looking for Some Advice, Planning on Recording as well as sometimes stream.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by StoneLegion, May 24, 2017.

1. StoneLegion Active Member

Hello, My name is Kane Hart. I thought I first introduce myself then maybe tell you what I'm looking for and also asking for suggestions etc.
    Some Random Facts:
    • First off I have played EQ2 on and off since Launch.
    • I have never? Hit max level in EQ2 before quitting
    • I have played medium / face pace skipping a lot of content.
    • I have a slightly bad disorder where I have issues reading / attention span to reading quests out but sometimes I do skim over them a bit to get the idea of what is going on.
    • I enjoy Questing, Farming, Grinding Plat, Etc. I also Enjoy Dungeons, public type events that are not max level.
    • I don't enjoy raiding / dungeons as much in most MMO's as I'm not the brightest of people and some people tend to be too pushy about my play style.
    • When I get tired I get grumpy and quite frustrated.
    What are things I love about EQ2:
    • I love shinnies, I would literally sneak into high level zones and such and start stealing them shinnies and dying and taking more and more just because it was so much fun.
    • Tons and tons of content
    • Never ending content, the world feels full even if you don't do most the content it feels good knowing there is so much content that you can't ever do it all. Very little games feel this full these days.
    • I like how friendly people are.
    • I love how many zones, dungeons, raids, housing locations, etc in the game.
    • I loved how there was so many unique items in the game. There was always something fun or new to find and put in your house or use on yourself and such.
    Things I dislike about EQ2:
    • Performance has always been a issue for me. I like to crank things up quite high but the FPS would always be quite low. The issue here for me is I have a decent PC and I know sadly back when EQ2 Engine was in dev Intel had predicted 10ghz CPU's blah blah.
    • I always felt that EQ2 would have always been a great game for 1 single Mega Server to help with low population issues. I always felt the game had a lot of lower population when it came to older zones in the game and I always felt alone never seeing other players while I explored / leveled.
    So Question time and these are quite Important to me. If you know someone with ADHD you know I can't pass GO and Collect 200 till I have everything figured out.
    1. Is AB the Highest Populated None Progression Server Still?
    2. Is Shadow Knight consider the King of Solo Classes still for people who enjoy easy time leveling and enjoy more melee based setup without pets.
    3. How is the overall Population?
    4. Can low levels get into any kind of dungeons or grouping?
    5. Does PvP ever happen and at low levels? It's a newer concept for me still I hardly ever touched it before if ever.
    6. How is the Economy overall? Can I still farm things like Shinnies and expect to make a decent amount of Plat? I'm worried the Econ and lower populations if they are lower might hinder my fav money maker :)
    7. How is the F2P / Sub Model? Is it fair? I'm not rich and I'm getting pissed off playing Rift because half the Interfaces have things like Pay Gems to complete your Shinnies Collections and things like that.
    8. Is there a way to buy a Sub via the in Game Currency? How Expensive is this in Plat and how hard would you say it takes on average for someone to farm such plat?
    9. How big would you say on peak hours the guilds are these days? For example 5 online on Friday nights or maybe 20 on :)
    10. I'm going be doing a Let's Play Series and I want to enjoy the game and play it, etc. How would you recommend recording the series? Should I record every moment of questing? Should I only do a couple of episode per zone? What would you recommend over all?
    11. If I choose to stay in 1 zone and complete it before going to the next zones I assume I will over level them? If this is the case is the mentor system still in the game and can I easily down level my self but still earn experience at a decent rate so I don't feel like I'm wasting my entire time. A lot of MMO's I play now you can't even complete 1/4 of the quests in zones without over leveling them sadly these days.
    12. Do people do any kind of events these days? Are there many GM hosted events?
    13. My friend says he dislikes Everquest 2 because things are all over the place and he has no clue whats up. Any advice for him?
    14. When I'm leveling / recording I like to have a decent mount. Not sure if flying mounts exist at lower levels what would you recommend to make my Let's Play a bit less boring running between Npc's and quests. Please be warned I do not edit my videos as in cut them a bunch of times in the videos between objectives. So speeding this up would be my goal.
    I thank you for your time. This was my last series I played I was actually surprised the views I got on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wrUJ7d817k&index=1&list=PLjMDVXkLIQ35BxARSwZX5P_mOQGTUdvk0
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

1. No, that is MajDul or Halls of Fate now.

2. I honestly don't know about "king" but they still do very well.

3. it's certainly not packed but it's not horrible, seems crowded to me often at higher levels.

4. Yes, you can sometimes find standard dungeons, but there are agnostic dungeons now as well which allow grouping over a much wider range of levels.

5. There's pretty much no pvp outside of dueling in eq2.

6. Shinies can still sell for quite a bit, but some items on the broker are absurdly high priced (kronos for instance)

7. I think it's pretty fair, though there are some things you lack without a sub. No sub does have to buy tokens from the marketplace to buy and sell. There are also some dropped item and loyalty merchant items you can't buy without being a
    subscriber as well as a couple of Prestige servers that you won't be able to make a character on.

8. Yes, people sell Kronos on the broker. They are pretty blinking expensive in in game cash though.

9. Completely depends on the guild. Some guilds have more than 30, some might only have 2-3.

10. I can't really help you much there.

11. You can still mentor or you can lock xp. If you buy the newest expansion (i think it was only with that purchase) you can also earn tithe which can be spent to boost crit chance, crit bonus & stamina as well as some diety based abilities.

12. There are some guide events, varying from quests to just sitting around and socializing.

13. There's a lot to the game, but not a lot you NEED to know as you are leveling up. Most of it is unimportant until you are 95+. When in doubt, ask questions. I don't know that it's the case on every server, but even general chat on Halls of Fate is often very helpful to people who ask questions.

14. The lowest level you can use a flying mount is 35 adventure or tradeskilling and those are only from a special event or collector's editions of previous expansions. Other flying mounts you can get at 85 adventure or crafting. There plenty of low level ground mounts available though, even free ones from doing the newbie quests in most areas. At 30 you can quest to get a leaper mount (they bounce around) and 60 a glider mount. You can also just spend some real money and buy those from the marketplace.

And after all of this, which I hope helps at least a little, welcome back =)
    Prissetta likes this.