Comedy Night on AB Anyone?

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-DreaddJester, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-DreaddJester Guest

Hello, I am Dreadded Jester and I'm here today to see how much interest there would be for a regular or annual comedy show on the Antonia Bayle server. Below I present to you my initial ideas but in no way shape or form are these set in stone. Please let me know your thoughts and ideas on ways to improve.
    So the thought is to hold a community comedy night at my (Dreadded's) theater in Qeynos. These comedy nights would invite anyone or groups interested in doing some comedy on stage for an audience within the theater and over a comedy chat channel. The comedy should be in-character, game related, content. It could be one liners, stories of adventures/observations, or funny songs or poetry. Could possibly expand it to include more serious content depending on what people liked.
    Considering holding a show once a month, every other month, or even every other week depending on the interest or just once a year around April 1st. Also looking for when would be the best day and time to do it. Weekend afternoons or early evenings are possible. Weeknights could work as well. Would probably want to do it at a time when people were able to make it and not in raids or other events.
    As far as people needed to pull this off I'd like to have a second person to help organize and run the event and set up the theater if need be. When it comes to the comedians I'm looking for people to volunteer to take the stage and do a comedy routine. Those wishing to volunteer can leave a message here or send Dreadded in-game mail. Please give me an idea of how long your routine would be, if you need any stage props, and a general sense of how clean or vulgar your routine might get (please see more on this below.) Once we've gotten a few volunteers we will organize a night of humor lasting around an hour or two. All comedy routines will be presented on a comedy chat channel with the attending audience able to laugh or respond in general chat or by throwing snowballs, rotten cabbage, fruitcake, or whatever else they may have on hand. We would ask those just listening in on the chat channel to remain quiet on the channel so as to not disrupt the comedy routine. Unless of course the comedian invites a heckler to join in on the routine...........
    Please understand that due to the nature of the game and not knowing how old our audience really is we ask that all humor be kept somewhere around or below Family Guy (the cartoon) PG13 level. In other words, nothing too graphic in details or we will have to ban you from the stage. I will attempt to organize routines in a night in order of vulgarness, moving from the Buggs Bunny G rated stuff to the Family Guy PG-13 rated material. Also please note that due to time restraints and organization attempts you may not get chosen to perform immediately after you indicate that you'd like to.
    That's the initial thoughts on this event. I've already begun to set up my theater stage for the show if you'd like to check that out. As I said above, let me know if you have any ideas for this event or if you'd like to help organize or be part of the show.
    Thanks
    Dreadd Jester
  2. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

This sounds like fun! If you're in need of a gorgeous High Elf as a welcoming hostess to run the ticket counter and hand out snacks let me know. I wish they had popcorn in the game.....or do they? I can make the food myself if I can ever get my characters transferred over from Naggy before then. I designed my Opera House for it to look and feel like a boutique theater. If you want to check it out there is a link in my signature.
  3. ARCHIVED-DreaddJester Guest

That's a very nice looking opera house Dawnstrike. As for handing out snacks, might be nice to have a live player handing out snacks and what not. I don't know that they have popcorn in the game but they do have a temporary ice cream cart that people can get ice cream from. Personally though I'd rather have a snowball, fruitcake, rotten fruit and veggie, rose dispenser so the crowd in the theater can get into it and throw things at the comedians. :) Also considered the idea of later offering autograph books that people could go to their favorite comedian's autograph and perhaps a snipit of something funny to go along with it. Might be dreaming big there though.........
  4. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

My provie has a couple of fun recipes, one where you can make some throwing food and another where you can summon a mirror and adore yourself, those would be fun to hand out. My Sage can make player written books, the artist could pre-fill some out with their autographs and their snippet and pass them out to their fans after the show.
    With Erollisi day coming up and going into SOL you can get petamorph wands that shower rose petals. You could sell or give those to guests. Also having some Bride's promises on hand would be fun and fans could go down on bended knee to pledge their love with a rose to the artist.
    Also you could consider having the Maiden's Fancy Guild come and perform a short dance routine for entertainment between comedians. They have a current thread on the Guild Recruting forum with an awesome video.
    I hope you get some responses for performers this would be fun!
  5. ARCHIVED-DreaddJester Guest

Dawnstrike wrote:
    Some really great ideas there. The Maiden's Fancy video was great too!! I'll have to hit them up and see if they'd be interested. I'm in the guild Tempest and have a few members there that are looking to help and/or be in the show as well so I think this will be at least a one time go if not more than that.
    I'll have to get with you in game to discuss more details.
  6. ARCHIVED-DreaddJester Guest

I"ve added the theater to the Housing Leaderboards for ease of finding it for those who want to check out the comedy stage. It's mostly finished though I might add a few more signs as time goes by. To find it on the AB server check the Housing Leaderboards under "Newly Published" "Medium Homes." It's called, "Comedy Show Coming Up SOON!!"
    We're still taking on comedians for this show and working on ironing out a date for the show. If you'd like to be in the show leave a message here or drop Dreadded some in game mail.