Combat Changes and you

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Banditman, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Shaman group Wards need to be 6 single target Wards in order to be balanced, just as Cleric Group Reactives need to be 6 single target Reactives in order to be balanced.

I said nothing about what the value of those Wards should be, only that they should be balanced against what other Priests get.

I don't want Mystics to be the "uber healers" - I want us to be BALANCED. Right now, I don't think that's the case.
  2. ARCHIVED-icetower Guest

Zeltaria, I understand your opinion in light of the current ward situation but I think some people are missing the point.
    Firstly single target wards should be made sufficient to keep the mt alive.
    Group wards should NOT be designed as an uber mt heal. The fact that this is their current purpose simply shows how gimped we are.
    Group wards should be reserved as something that we cast for example when a timed aoe is about to hit and we need to protect the casters in the group from a near death experience.
    Sure I will happily accept the group ward in its current state because it will be extremely powerful in single group situations where the mt takes all the damage.
    But who will keep the group alive in a raid when the boss mob uses up the whole groups protection by whupping the mt with normal mellee?
  3. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

At this point I think they should make all specials work in relation to the group. It can be distributed to the whole group, but base that on the number of people in the group.
    Total HP pool divided by # of group members, which is then assigned to each member of the group.
    This way all the specials work similarly, as well as work in 6 man group, like most people here want it, and also work with small groups. Remember small groups are still groups, and should be able to utilize a group spell, without wasting power.
  4. ARCHIVED-Janzert Guest

Something that might make it a little easier to balance yet still not waste power. Have the group ward cast individual wards on each group member always the same size no matter what the size of the group is. Then have the power cost scale depending on the number of group members.

Janzert
  5. ARCHIVED-Zeltaria Guest

Message from Icetower:
    Zeltaria, I understand your opinion in light of the current ward situation but I think some people are missing the point.
    Firstly single target wards should be made sufficient to keep the mt alive.
    Group wards should NOT be designed as an uber mt heal. The fact that this is their current purpose simply shows how gimped we are.
    Group wards should be reserved as something that we cast for example when a timed aoe is about to hit and we need to protect the casters in the group from a near death experience.
    Sure I will happily accept the group ward in its current state because it will be extremely powerful in single group situations where the mt takes all the damage.
    But who will keep the group alive in a raid when the boss mob uses up the whole groups protection by whupping the mt with normal mellee?

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Ahh... I understand what you are saying, and I can agree with that.
    In a raid situation I dont think we'll ever have a chance to keep our group alive without at least another healer there to back each other up and I dont expect to be able to either with the way eq2 works. But, in a single group situation it would be nice to be able to be the only healer and keep the group alive, which in most cases (or in my experience with trying to heal a group while we're taking on somewhat challenging content) we cannot, and if we do, it's only by the skin of our teeth.
    I'd like to thank Banditman and all the mystics who are testing the upcoming changes. I know things will probably be drastically different after the changes go live, and I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for all your hard work trying to get us balanced.
  6. ARCHIVED-FelixDomesticus Guest

Have you noticed something scary? When Moorgard posts combat change there never seems to be mystic fixes although other priests seem to get them.
  7. ARCHIVED-tebion Guest

at least it seems they ARE working on priests now .. i mean, about time now that its only 2 weeks until the changes going live and the update notes contain priests (at least they get mentioned ...) since 2 or so days, hehe

we can just pray and hope ...
  8. ARCHIVED-Godflower Guest

I would like to chime in with the way I use group wards now. Since I duo quite a bit with non tanks (mages & scouts) I use the group ward a lot at the beginning of the encounter keep my focus on other things in the encounter (debuf dot HO heal), and when we get an add. The fluidity of the HP is useful in these situation since aggro can be volitile, particularly with encounters that have more than 1 mob and remain split. Usually by the the mid point I am the MT of the encounter and use the single heals and wards. but if aggro remains split I continue with the group ward. In lager group situations I tend to use the group ward as an emergency option since the power consumption and casting time was so high. Perhaps a way to balance the group ward is to make the cast & recast times longer and/or the duration shorter so that players only use it strategically (like the Phantasam line, but not to that extreme). I am not in Beta so I have no idea what they are like there there.
    My 2c
    Message Edited by Godflower on 08-31-2005 08:05 AM
    (bad grammar, spelling and memory! :smileytongue: )
    Message Edited by Godflower on 08-31-2005 08:14 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Regardless of how you use it NOW, in order for us to BALANCE, that needs to change.

I can't even begin to explain how important this is.
  10. ARCHIVED-Eepop Guest

Put simply...which would you rather have....

1) Group wards changed to be equal to the other group heals. And for the situations where we are using it now, we can use the tools actually designed for those situations.

2) Group wards stay as they are, and are constantly used as justification why something else of ours should be gimped.
  11. ARCHIVED-Godflower Guest

I many have misinterpereted the orignal idea of framenting the ward into 6 parts, but what about using the group ward for smaller groups - like 2 or 3 players? How would that work?
    If you say something must change, convince me how it will benefit & balance how I play the majority of the time?
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

The idea is not to balance how you play, or how I play. Frankly, the current shared Ward is best for me as it gives me an additional tool for protecting the MT in a raid situation.

But that isn't the point.

The point is to balance all Priests. In order to do that, they need to have comparable tools to form an accurate comparison. Right now, our shared Ward is not comparable to the tools of other Priests, and it doesn't serve the purpose for which it was intended.

Group special healing should be used only for healing every member of the group, regardless of the size of the group. Right now, our shared Ward can and does leave members of a group unprotected at times, and that should never happen.
  13. ARCHIVED-FelixDomesticus Guest

I have to take back my word. In latest part of LU #13 they seem to have fixed bears to 1 CP and changed reuse times of several spells. And they specifically call bears as SOLO spells now.
  14. ARCHIVED-BigDave Guest

The bear 'fix' text says it's now 1 conc, but in detailing what it now does it doesn't mention the maul ability anymore...

And the reason that Moorgard rarely mentions Mystic changes in update notes is that they usually put our 'fixes' straight into live, eh? ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-FelixDomesticus Guest

No maul? So much for that spell line then. Useless.
  16. ARCHIVED-Godflower Guest

Im gonna miss maul :smileysad: Hopefully our weapons/nukes get a kick to compensate.
  17. ARCHIVED-BigDave Guest

Well I was killing orange con mobs solo with just our DoTs in very quick time last night. Too quick.

Someone suggested that the reason orange mobs were so easy in Beta is that there's a bug the means STR isn't being used to modify damage. That does explain why they weren't doing more damage to me, but does not explain why I was able to kill them real quick using mystic DoTs.

I'm gonna get some figures right now.
  18. ARCHIVED-Pass1onZ Guest

Arrr..just found out warden's get a wolf pet spell..we should've gotten it *frowns*
  19. ARCHIVED-Dr^Ney Guest

But we get the BADGER! no use in crying about a druid getting a wolf .... :D
  20. ARCHIVED-FelixDomesticus Guest

Badger is lame, even pet gnoll would be more cool. I want pet rat (perfect pet for kerra, if you get bored of it you can eat it)!

EDIT: Actually pet raven would be perfect for mystics.
    Message Edited by FelixDomesticus on 09-03-2005 03:14 PM