Colossal reactant

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderfueler, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunderfueler Guest

I agree that they should be rare drops but I have been running 11 apprentices pretty much since inception of it and have yet to get a colossal reactant. I personally know of 3 perople in my guild that have gotten them. One guy has 3 apprentices and has only been at it 2 weeks. Another is a husband and wife and each have gotten one. Im getting darn tired of Marr Cherries and Tea leaves. I have at least 20 recipes that can use the reactant and cant get one.
    Doesn't seem right.
  2. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

wha some more? Its called Random Number calculater.. sometimes your lucky sometimes your not..
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Thunderfueler wrote:
    52 days 9 apprentices, finally got 1 reactant. FAR FAR too rare.
    just realize it is a carrot to keep you logging in and paying and buying $c.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Yep. It is called re-engagement and is one of the foremost strategies in monetized game design. Designing it so you have to log in each toon, each day was no accident.
  5. ARCHIVED-Moria15 Guest

1 apprentice, been level 90 crafter for 21 days.. done apprentice quest every day since available therefore 21 attempts at a collosal.
    have had 1 collosal and a number of smaller ones on the way to 90.. I must just be really lucky in the RNG, but then I also score really high on rares as well on harvesting so I do feel for you.
    Not sure whether it has any impact at all, but in our guild, all the people that have got a collosal have also achieved it on characters who are maxed on Tradeskill AA as well, as my char is.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

I dont think they're rare so much as extremely random. I feel for you ,-and my guildie thats been doing his religiously since they started them and hasnt received any yet, but i've gotten about 3 a week over my 5 lvl 90 tradeskillers, and another guildie gets one on her 9 lvl 90's like every other night. One thing i have noticed-and i have no idea if this has anything to do with the chance of getting one or not-but I and the guildie that gets a ton have been doing them on the elaborate workstations and finishing all 4 lines, whereas the guildie that has yet to get one has been using the simple work stations and only finishing one line. As i said, i dont know if that has jack-all to do with anything, but its just an observation. At any rate, i wish you luck, i hope some start dropping for you soon friend.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

Kenazeer wrote:
    Well, its a brilliant strategy lol, because its working
  8. ARCHIVED-Aaman Guest

How is it a player in my guild gets those all the time, even back to back doubles in one play cycle?
    Any known hack out there?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

Marnus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yes...in that evil genius sort of way...lol.
    As I mentioned in a PM to which I just replied, it almost seems as if it would have been better to simply offer the same tier reactant as a reward each time you completed the research on a recipe.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Except for the fact you only need AoD to have an apprentice. You could have a Free account and never pay a even one dime toward buying SC and still have an apprentice and have the same daily chance per character to get the reactant.
    Not everything is about SC no matter how you spell it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

You don't even need AoD. You can just adventure and have them drop for free.
  12. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    But having AoD and doing a 7 crafter spin would get you reactants faster than a level 90 adventurer that can handle a drunder group. Also your crafters don't get any real benifit from having a gold account, your 90 adventurer kinda needs the legendary/fabled equipment and master spells. Sure you could pay SC to unlock each one, but seriously?
    New alt account, silver+DoV+AoD ($10+$15+$40) = $65. Every week you could grind a new 90 crafter (no seriously, you can if you have some experience, a well stocked guild depot, and time). So 7 weeks later you have 7 researchers going that can produce colossal reactants. This is actually a prime example of why they shouldn't be made more common, so you don't encourage this sort of behavior.
  13. ARCHIVED-dankaro Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Free accounts only get 2 character slots so add $5 to make it $70 for a silver account and that would give you 4 toons makes more sense to just add additional slots to your existing account that would add 7 and you would have the benefit of your vet rewards while leveling them up. I had my toons for fun on Oasis and toons on Bazaar for making money with LG shutting down this left me with a total of 22 toon slots on my main account. When I level another to 90 just to do the colossal daily I get 200% vet bonus the whole way plus I have all my vet reward xp potions as well as all those potions my current Skillers have collected. Since the launch of AoD I have gone from 11 lvl 90's to 18 and my other 4 are lvl 50 ATM. A timed writ that requires 2 sets of 3 combines takes 1 minute with 2 potions of innovation and you can knock out 5 timed writs per potion of progress. Level 50 grab 4 potions of progress use one for ship out. Then go do the mara daily mission start or finish with your classes combine without a potion and use 3 potions of progress for the other 8 classes total of less than 45 minutes for the mara mission solo.
    Side benefit lvl 90 ts toons can use flying mounts make sure you have your toons to lvl 10 adv so you can earn AA points. Double xp weekend slider to 100% turn in a few of the cheapo SF collections and get your 35 AA Points for the crafting tree put 5 points in each area except the 2 harvest related.

At the end of the month I will have my 6 yr vet reward wich will give me both an adv and ts vitality refresher as well as the 2 available in the promotions tab of claim my current strategy is to lvl to 20 adventure burn TS vitality run dungeon maker to burn adv vitality refresh both do it again. I used to 2 box but will be better served to take that $15 for the second account and buy SC with it especially on double sc sales and buy more toon slots on my main account.

I have my house listed on for rating with all crafting staions and a sales crate full of fuel 24 apprentices the toons that are only tskilling ATM only have to leave to drop a colossal into the shared bank.
  14. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Marnus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    streaky is a better word choice than random.

i dont have a problem with rare or random. i do have a problem with streaky. streaky does not model random, its an alternative to random. streaky is to random what unfair is to fair. generally ppl dont want exactly fair, but if you are going to bring that abstraction into a computer game, implement it right.

streakiness of RNG is already a problem, but for colossals its like an angry pent up charlie sheen who just walked in on you while you are taking a shower. its gonna do its thing and screw you over whether you want it or not and it wont be short, its gonna do its thing for quite a while. thats what being streaky is all about.

the only person in game i have compared notes with over time, is from my guild, she had 6 90 crafters. at 30 days she had 6 CR, more than 3x the norm. she had received 12 CRs at 50 days. thats a drop rate of 4%, basically 4 times as lucky as the assumed average. of those 12 CR, atleast 6 came from the exact same toon. i have many times as many crafters as her, but she has received as many CR as i have. And her luck is holding over 1 month. her luck is holding over 2 months.

this is what streaky means. i suspect there is a hidden variable at the time of a toons creation that impacts its RNG luck. some ppl are born under a lucky star. thats fine, but in eq2, we dont come here to watch ppl born with silver spoon in mouth get 6 CRs from same toon in under 2 months. thats not the kind of 'life isnt fair' implementation we are looking for. tone it down. thats too much streaky and not enough random.
  15. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

I got my 14th colossal yesterday. 9 crafters doing the daily. Never gone more than about 10 days without getting at least one.
  16. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    to the person that said something about fair and unfair ^^^^^^ upsets me.
    I have 11 lvl 90 crafters. I do the dailies religiously. Various levels researched. I do the dailies in my guild hall I do all 4 lines. I have gotten ONE CR.
    Unfair? Yes, for ^^ to ge 14 and me only 1, yes I feel the drop rate doing the dailies is extremely unfair.
  17. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    57 days, 9 90 crafters , 2 CR
    Thats 2 in 513 or 0.4% or a .0039 chance
    My statistical word for that is BOLOGNA, they have them 'governed' in some way to control the number that come intot he game and it is BOLOGNA.
    With that abyssmally low percentage they should have saved the dev time putting them in.
  18. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

I too am going to pitch in a statement here. I have 9 crafters also that are going every day. I don't believe I've missed a day since I the apprentices have joined the game. I've seen three CR's. I know the number was 1%, but I'm starting to have my doubts. Now that the refresh on these quests are 18 hours instead of 11pm PST like it used to be, some days I even get in two attempts at them. I'm not one to complain too much about the drop rates in this game, but I'm starting to feel it just a bit. Then I see some people claim they have gotten 14 of them, for doing just as much or less effort than I've been doing, and I'm starting to wonder how the RNG randoms so well for some and against some accounts.
    Random is fun when it is truly random. But too many discrepencies in this cause me to think it's not quite as random as they intended. I'm starting to wish it was more achievement based at this point. Well, I'll keep plugging away of course, but it is becoming a bit discouraging.
  19. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Would it be better if the daily reward drop table got a higher chance to receive a new reward such as a "Colossal Shard", of which a bunch of those could eventually be converted into a Colossal Reactant?
    Still allows a rare and lucky drop for a CR, but also offers the unlucky player a valid chance to eventually build one.
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    I hate you now :)