Collection Researcher

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilary, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

So the collection researcher is account wide and you can only research 1 item at a time like the mount. This also gets sent to the status merchant like the mount for your alts to purchase. My question is why does it cost 50 plat and 325,000 status to research but it costs 250 plat, 200 Zimarian Ballads, and 3,750,000 status for our alts to purchase. This seems quite a jump in price for our alts to purchase. The time factor is just 2 days, surely the price should not jump into the millions for the collections for alts who would be the one's in the worst shape to purchase items with status?

It seems like the Zimaran Ballad cost should be around what 2 days worth could be reasonably farmed up. The status cost should stay the same and who cares on the plat cost it could go up for all most care. Would be a great way to siphon some plat out of the system.
  2. Buggabug Active Member

1000x this, all of my alts would be out of status within 5ish shinies and kiss the guild hall status donations good-bye. I have no issue with the plat, but the 200 ballads is steep for me too. I'm not running alts all the time to stack up currency, it's repetitive and boring. My burnout is getting serious and we're only a few months in.
    And the first of you that says, it only takes blah blah blah time to do the weekly/daily is going to get smacked. I don't care how fast you can do it with your alts, we can't all play that way.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

At the moment there is no need buying the notrade shinies for alts: You can buy the meta collection neck for alts (700.000 status + 480 coins)

But the 500 resolve neck is still just the second choice if you do not need the resolve. Hopefully it will get an upgrade with Fervor overcap in the future.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Some people like to do the collections for the completion aspect rather than the reward. They really messed things up for players like that this expansion.
    Sentrasia, Buggabug and DreadRoberts like this.