Cold Snap

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-shtychkn2, Dec 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

What kind of damage does this do at what lvl & what spell lvl.. (IE. LvL 25 Warden, App3, 40 a tick)... Reason i am askign is because I am making an adept3 & I am considering this spell for the DoT dmg & for the Debuff... I already have frost adept1.... BotG Adept3 & Barbcoat is goign to be adept3 also...
  2. ARCHIVED-Asteroids Guest

About 50 at Adept I at level 24.
  3. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Caps around 70ish damage at Adept 1, l'm level 37 now so I'm pretty sure it's capped. It's an awesome spell, and I wish I could find it as Master 1 to go with my Master 1 Frost. In a 2 healer group I often find myself using Ensnaring roots, Stinging Swarm, and Cold Snap to debuff then follow up with a couple casts of Frost.
  4. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Sounds Like it will be really nice having this at Adept3 :)

Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Roughly 55-60+ per tick at 25th (adept 3).

I didn't get a chance to play with it too much since I just got it before I logged so this is a rough estimate and I'll get a better idea tonight.
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 12-21-2004 01:13 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

thats a 100 a tick when stacked with stinging swarm... not to shabby
  7. ARCHIVED-Barimen Guest

Got stinging and snap at adept 3.

At lvl 29 it is something like this:

Sting 35-45 or something like that, it varies no less..

Snap 60-75

I do not watch them ALWAYS of course but thoose are the top and low numbers I can remember.

Got chill at adept 3 and Frost at adept 1, not really sure what my max DPS is but it is kinda high for sure.
  8. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

With more experiments I've been getting 55-65 per tick at adept 3 (25th lvl). I don't think I ever managed to get cold snap and stinging swarm to stack. Am I missing something?
  9. ARCHIVED-Aelwr Guest

They do stack if you look at the damage numbers. Stinging swarm however does not give you a spell icon to see that its up so you can't tell when it wears off unless you watch for the message that the insects have dispersed.
  10. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

well I got Cold Snap to Adept3 & at 25 im doing 55 dmg on average... & yes it does stac kwith stinging swarm but not all the time... Sometimes it cancels it if i cast stinging swarm first... Sometimes not.. Ohh Well... I love it.... Noy my chill(adept1) does 100-120 & my frost (adept1) does around 150...

So with barb Coat doing 15dmg,
    Melee doing 15-20
    Sting Swarm doign 38
    Coldsnap doing 55
    Chill doing 100-120
    Frost doing around 150

I fee like i have awesome DPS...

at 25 I have been able to solo the the lvl 33 wasps & bats in EL

(I got into EL without having to quest because I am a lvl 33 Alchemist)
  11. ARCHIVED-Xstasy Guest

Shty - I have hard time believing that a 25 Warden is soloing lvl 33 mobs. You dmg figures are way out for a lvl 25. What weapon do you have that does 15-20 every hit?

Chill does not hit for 100-120 at 25 at Adept 1, neither does Frost do 150ish.

Either you mispoted your level or you need to check your stats.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

At 27, at least, I was absolutely soloing 33+ mobs in the enchanted lands, and I think a 25 could have as well- and I was definitely hitting for 15-20. Keep in mind that different weapons have different delays, and your own weapon may be a fast, low-damage weapon compared to a slower, big-damage one hander.

Also, remember that Cold Snap has an elemental debuff effect associated with it that makes a very big difference in the amount of damage both chill and cold snap do. Frost certainly was doing 160ish at 27 for me, so I don't find 150 at 25 unreasonable, especially with the debuff on.
  13. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Xstasy,

Actually the first time I soloed a wasp & bat i was 24.. :) ( I ahve a total of 7 adept3's atm)

For my weapon I use a one handed Pristine Battle Hammer...

My damage is correct.. If you play on GuK id be mroe then happy to go to EL & show you :)

Btw. my dmg for chill & frost is while the Clodsnap debuff is on...
  14. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

At 28th ...

I have a melee weapon that does maybe 8-10 per tick. Plus my occasional bite.

I have barbcoat at adept 1 which does maybe 10-15 on normal mobs like orcs (less on skellis I think).

I have cold snap at adept 3 which does around 65-70 per tick.

I have Frost at Master 1 which does 220-250 per casting (~10% or so less if cold snap was resisted) - I spam this spell relentlessly Even if I can get stinging swarm to stack, it isn't worth while to cast because I can cast Frost in less ime and do far more damage.

Every other non-resisted casting my HO procs for maybe 50-100+ damage.

I can solo 31-32 lvl mobs non-stop as long as I have good drink. Can I solo high level mobs? I assume so (though not continuously I suppose). I will try on the crabs in Zek until I get EL access when I turn 32nd tailor.

I did Zek quest but not EL but hopefully I will turn 32nd tailor so I don't need to worry about it. Zek quest was too much pointless running around and killing gray mobs.\

Edit: The damage numbers are for yellow/orange cons - I presume they will go down against red mobs.
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 12-28-2004 12:48 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

yes, you do get EL access when you turn 32 Artisan...
  16. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

At L27, Frost is hitting for about 175 and Cold snap for anywhere from 50 - 65 a tick. I love those two in combination. A L32 berserker commented that my 'fluff spell' (Frost) was doing more damage than his weapon.

Whereas I can't claim to have soloed anything in EL..we did kill the named fish (L37 double up arrow group) and I was the sole healer. A bit of good Druid power, but also a very good group with no mistakes made. XP was slurped up with a spoon on that one..:)

Oh..all my spells are Adept I currently, too. Thanks for the great thread and the good advice
  17. ARCHIVED-Xstasy Guest

I still don't buy that a lvl 25 can melee a lvl 33 and hit it very often. I got EL access last night at 25 and could not hit the red mobs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Murferoo Guest

Master 1 Cold Snap at level 41 does about 95-110 per tick.
  19. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

IM drooling Murderoo....
  20. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Wow, me too..master 1 cold snap or bloom ::sigh::: Wouldn't that be nice?