Coercer new PE - self vs. boss

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Irving, May 1, 2013.

1. Irving Member

Is there a difference between me casting PE on myself or PE on a boss (say Caella in SG)?

I'm not seeing a difference in my parses, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something or if there's no longer a point in PE'ing a MOB in a raid setting.

Clue wanted! :)
  2. Mohee Active Member

my PE of myself , solo, only does 5-6k dps. PE other mobs, highest i've seen solo is 7-9k tops.
  3. Seiffil Active Member

The coercer PE AI was absolutely awful back on beta, since it only really cast hemorrhage and then Medusa's Gaze and Silence which both function as mana drains only for the PE pet. It also rarely cast ego shock, like 3 total times over a 6-8 min fight (Training Dummy). Unfortunately the AI of the other PE pets doesn't seem to be much better either.
  4. Jokirr Member

I said it during the beta that the pet was useless due to the AI needing a revamp with coercer npc being the most long term fix then hitting the other 23 at a much later date, end result being don't even bother casting the thing its a waste until its revamped.
  5. Mohee Active Member

The puppets don't do jack for dps either... *sigh* ...
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

I prefer if we keep the pet as it is. I mean I don't see much difference as you said, PE self around 5k dps, PE a zerker mob, I -might- spike 7k-10k sometimes.

but I am all for keeping it that way
  7. Jokirr Member

eh idk personally i feel it needs to be revamped slightly, make it cast hemo more often would make me happy, although i probably still wouldnt play coer again lol my robe been broke for months :p (which ive known ucala <3 )
  8. Mindsway Well-Known Member

The only real benefit I see is if (and it's a VERY rare case) the mob is a dirge or troub. They give the group buffs from that class but then again chances are you have a dirge in group anyway. I would LOVE to see more troub mobs that we can PE.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

I have been taking a deeper look at the robe proc, and I noticed something odd...
    my flurry jumps 10% random and down 10%, I can't think of what it can be other than the BP proc, but I notice somethings the BP proc is on when I don't get the 10% flurry, I think it has something to do with all the BPs sharing the proc (the 12 CB anyway) and it's messing with the flurry on the mage one
  10. Jokirr Member

sounds likely but its being fixed soon if im not mistaken so i dont have any interest in finding out lol
    and sorry to derail for a moment but i would like to see Mindbend being upgraded into T10, our prestige lets it deal damage now but since its a 52 spell its really weak.
    T10 Mindbend 2013!!
  11. Mindsway Well-Known Member

So far the PE pet is underwhelming by a mile. I gave it a different name to see how much DPS it can do and I was lucky to get 20k DPS out of it (often it would only do like 5k). On fights like the first named in DE x4 it would die immediately to the AE, even if I kept it parked far away and had it range attack. It also keeps spamming some stupid error that I can't recall ATM but I'm sure many of you have seen it, something about not being able to use an ability. Anyway, at the very least it needs an AE immunity to be worth casting.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

that's what it's supposed to be like. they made coercer dps more dependable on the coercer than on the pet+coercer
    also your pet should be fine in the first name of DC x4, for the most part, if you have a warder in the group and sever hate your pet when you can. again not full proof, but most times.
    also there is a current somewhat bug that is going around ever since they put in the new pet Auto Assist button, your /pet attack macros will spam your chat with "your pet does not know this commend" but it will also spam saying "sends your pet in to attack" and your pet will go attack
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be useless? I think not. Also it doesn't matter that I have a warder in group, I cast the pet and it dies immediately. It's not worth casting for that fight at all. And yes that's the error I was talking about.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's not useless, it's still an average of 10k extra dps. but yes other than that 10k, that's all you should be expecting from it. it's not gonna cast miracles on your dps anymore. they took away pet procing there for they took away the ability for your pet to do 100-200k+ dps
    also just sounds like you cast not timing your pet casting with the AoEs. I usually time it so my pet is up right after the AOE on first DC name hits, and sever hate the next one, and than wards should be up on the pet by the next
  15. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah 10k isn't worth continuously recasting to me.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

than dont' cast it, cause that's all it is now
  17. Jokirr Member

My main problem with it is the AI aspect, making it prioritize hemorrhage more and having all 4 of its abilities do damage would pretty much be all thats needed, id expect it to go closer to ~20k but that would be from having 2 more damage spells and it spamming hemorrhage more.
    But its actually quiet nice they making us way less reliant on the pet and more on our own spells, tbh its a little bit of a win, but again my concern with the pet isn't so much the damage but how it plays.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I cast pet just out of habit. It might not output damage much but sort of like a comfort to have it around. On the other hand when I cast puppet master spell my dps goes up. So it's on my hot bar along with hostage, brainshock, ether balance and few more dots.

Good thing only about PE after group proc damage removed is that you can cast it quick and way away from a mob you want to copy.