Coercer Changes after Patch a Joke??

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Schnitzl, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Schnitzl New Member

Is it only me or is the change of the achievement: Enhanced Minds Eye a bad joke and as pointless as it was before the patch? i mean comon, 5 fervor and cb overcap with 5 points spend?
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Why on earth would 5 fervor be a bad joke? Sounds like a pretty good joke to me... Where do I sign up to get 5 fervor through AA?
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

How is extra fervor for the group a bad thing?
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's 5 fervor overcap, not 5 fervor.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

Still not a bad thing...
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Bah... just increasing overcap... not very useful. Better then nothing.. but not actually useful for most people most of the time.

The auto-attack multiplier on Velocity is caster only.. and does NOT apply to spell weapons.. so that IS totally useless... as opposed to just mostly useless.
  7. Schnitzl New Member

... u have to compare the changes to the existing stats we have, it makes no sense to put 5 aa points into 5 cb and 5 fervor obercap. 5 from each comparef the stats( i take these from my coercer) 4305 cb and 275 fervor with eth rune procced ( otherwise theres no reaching cap)

and iam not starting with the 0,1 multiplicator for a dead autoattck that do 0% of dps ... it will do 0% after that aswell...

so both changes are useless
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

In the grand scheme of things, 5 Overcap Fervor is trivial, and 5 overcap CB is even more trivial.

If we look at the overall boosts this latest patch;
    Coercer - 5 Overcap CB, 5 Overcap CB, 0.5 Auto Attack Multiplier. (Groupwide)
    Troub - 80 Potency (Groupwide)
    Dirge - 100 CB Overcap, 0.5 Auto Attack Multiplier (Groupwide), 3s Max Damage proc on Battle Cry (Single Target).

I'd say Coercer got the worst out of these 3. 5 Fervor Overcap would be nice if everyone was consistently capping Fervor. But nobody is unless a scout with eth rune + all the buffs. In which case they probably aren't in the Coercer group anyway. 5 CB overcap is nearly no different than 0. If it had been 50 or 100 like the Dirge buff, it would have been a far better amount.
    Auto attack multiplier I'm not even going to go into, but until AA gets overhauled to actually be more than 2% of a parse, this change is moot.
  9. Schnitzl New Member

@errorr thats exactly what i meant

the way is the right, but the execute was not

50 cb overcap seems ok and is not op its average compared to other
  10. Chillispike Active Member

Considering Coercers can buff 5 CB with link .. a 5 CB overcap makes sense to me.
    Ok melee damage is low on parse, but 0.5 autoattack multiplier is acutally quite a big buff, the Str line "only" gives 0.3. and dirges give 0.5 as well .. wow .. that is double the base damage .. => double melee dps.
    But a shame spell weapons are not effected by it.

I rather hope for all classes that AA's that reduce casting speed or recast get changed to base casting / base recast.
    Specially Channel for Coercer ^^
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

The cloak adorn from the summer ethereals gives 50 fervor and 50 overcap... What does the troub cloak adorn do? Oh right, make Aria of Magic proc off of combat arts too. What about the dirge? Chime of Blades hits harder? Barely noticeable on the parse. I feel like they were pretty inconsistent too, Coercers come out on top heavily with this. Hell if you compare the cloak adorns vs this update, coercers are still well ahead in group buffage over the last 3 months.

Just because one single update didn't have all the "exact same" levels of buffage doesn't mean that the classes weren't put more in line with each other. All things considered, troubs lose out heavily in this buff package with only 80% potency group wide and the Aria of Magic cloak adorn.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, 5 fervor overcap is not trivial. Everyone other than maybe healers and tanks should be reaching the fervor cap when celestial gate procs. Would love to have 5 more fervor during that time. 5 more fervor during my major chain throws is not trivial at all. 5 fervor is worth more than 100 cb, in the grand scheme of things.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Cloak adorn is 8s every 7mins 30seconds.

Celestial Gate is like 8s every 2 mins too. So yes, in the grand scheme its irrelevant.

While changes are a good thing, having meaningful changes is far better then something for the sake of it.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Channeled Focus is 30 seconds every 5 minutes, and I believe can be reset by an Illy, which can really drive up the OPness of it.

Celestial Gate is 12 seconds every 70-90 seconds or so (typical average proc rate as per data shared). If you find Celestial Gate to be irrelevant, you'd be the only person I know who has that opinion. If you are still suggesting that 5 extra fervor during a Celestial Gate proc is irrelevant, then we will just have to agree to disagree. I'll take 5 extra fervor everywhere I can get it.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Server lag caused double post ha
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Channeled Focus may be. But the rune applies to Channel. That is a 7 min 30 recast spell, and the duration of the fervor from rune is 8s.

Celestial Gate is bad, why do you think so many scouts dropped it for Eth runes?. Even if you consider it 12s every 70, that's still less than 20% of the time. Making the 5 Fervor from the coercer buff worth on average 1 Fervor overcap.

Coercers need a whole lot more utility to be considered worthwhile, and adding a measly buff like this is not the solution. Nobody is now going to say "Omg lets get a Coercer so a group can have 5 extra fervor for the 12s their rune procs, and 5 extra CB". You'd get more use sticking a Conj in a tank group for an actual fervor buff.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

My mistake, I was told that it affected channeled focus, I had not actually looked at the rune myself.

The Celestial Gate proc, however, is indeed 12 seconds.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2505102857

" On a hostile ability cast this spell may cast Celestial Gate on caster. Lasts for 12.0 seconds. Triggers about 0.4 times per minute. "
  17. Chillispike Active Member

I checked the changes now ingame and the The Auto Attack Multiplier is "only" 0.1 not 0.5
    you can spend only 1 point in that AA