Coercer-Am I just bad at this class?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by FalconClash, Mar 9, 2024.

1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Seems like everything I fight I come to the brink of death, no matter who or what I possess to help fight. Armor and Weapons are all up to date and in good repair. Am I doing something wrong, or is this class just weak and fragile?

(Level as of this post 67, High Elf)
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

Are you using Possess Essence instead of charm? Charm was nerfed heavily and is borderline useless.

If you do already, hire a merc and have him help you. If you dont want to use mercs the way to level a coercer back in the day was to root and use your various stuns and stifles while your pet slowly takes down the enemy.

At lvl 67 solo mobs should just melt
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

PE, never liked charm. I was always worried it was going to brake and the pet would kill me. I really want to like this class and solo with her, but her magic just seems lacking in potency and she dies (or almost dies) so easily.
  4. Camp Check New Member

I dont rely on pet too much but make sure you are using Destructive Mind and Hostage whenever they are up. Then use your Spell Curse, Ego Shock, Medusa Gaze, Silence and your other damage/status abilities. The mob should be locked down pretty tight and taking dmg.
  5. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I had all of those on my bar, but I moved things around so hopefully it will help.

I never fight without a Pet, its part of the reason I chose the class. She just doesn't kill fast enough on her own, for my liking anyway.

*As for mercs, I have Kenny on hold, but I haven't revived him yet.

(Thank all for the advice)