CoE Itemisation - Have Your Say

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Regolas, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

So come on, have your say. Here's what I've picked up or heard from others.

1) I read that many raid weapons are missing flurry

2) Most of the weapons from solo crates are missing a white adorn. They have a yellow, but no proc, whereas the previous xpac had procs on many plus 2 white adorns. So if you put a yellow proc adorn on your new weapon you're still missing out on an additional cb/pot adorn.

3) The best gear from heroics (essence gear), is actually not as good as the best gear from solo instances (slightly better stats plus a red adorn). So there's less incentive to run heroics.

4) Many past xpac gear had procs on jewellery. So far I haven't seen this on CoE stuff (from solo crates or legendary chests from heroics)

I'm sure there are plenty more!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The itemization in CoE puts one over on the melee specced mages.. all the mage only stuff only has the spell weapon 'stuff' and spell reuse.. no melee blue stats and no ability reuse.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

We have a sub forum for this now...:)
    Ragna and Terein like this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

Could be, so far we've only had the mage weapons drop over and over, so its hard to tell

The replaced one white with one yellow, I don't see the problem, yellow adorns are for the most part better. And we are talking about solo rewards...

The incentive to run heroics is the faction gear, faction gear however does need a buff.

Not all the older xpac jewelery had procs and the new xpac stuff has green slots.
  5. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Many of the yellow and red adorns on the gear are nothing but carbon copies of skyshrine/dov procs prob is they are conflicting with their older counterparts....
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Solo gear is alright, the lack is progression of the upper tiers.%'s are just made up values to show a point.

- Handcrafted Should be 5% worse than Solo gear and really is just to get you started on your journey and is on par with previous contents Mastercrafted gear.
    ---------------------------- It should use common materials available to anyone who chooses to harvest or tradeskill.
    - Mastercrafted gear should be better than Solo gear and on par with most Heroic content to help you fill in slots while you group.
    ---------------------------- It uses materials harvested by players on a low % (Rares)
    - Mastercraft-Fabled gear should be on par with X2 or EM Raid gear to break into the new raid content.
    ---------------------------- It uses materials found in the X2 raid and the Last-boss Heroic.
    - Solo should be 5% worse than heroic (a value of about 10 and .2 respectively) and be better than previous solo and on par with previous heroic.
    - Heroic should be 5% worse than Raid X2 (hey I think something's missing here) and 10% worse than EM Raid gear. With the chance of a rare-drop Fabled from the last boss that is on par with EM Raid gear for roughly 4-5 slots of 21 pieces.
    - Raid X2 gear should be in the game for one thing and be 5% worse than EM raid gear and the encounters should have minor-scripts to prepare guilds and players for Raid X4 EM.
    - Raid X4 EM gear should be 10% under HM Raid gear the difficulty ramp shows the difference in sets. Encounters should have 1-3 interesting small mechanics if possible to prepare for the really hard stuff found in HM encounters.
    - Raid X4 HM gear should be nearly be the best in slot if not the best and reflect the difficulty to obtain hence the gap between EM and HM. Encounters here have 3-5 mechanics or just 1-2 very hard mechanics. Many Drunder bosses exhibited challenging mechanics for the HM Encoutners (Hand of Vallon and General Zevitus, Utehk and Akiita come to mind so does Rageborn Gregor Haldin).
    - Raid X4 Contested/Endgame - this gear is the top of the line 5% better than HM Raid content both instances and contested bosses. Contested drops make up 7/21 item slots guaranteeing that a Guild to have the best in the game need to both contest mobs and do instances. Balance shifted to Instanced because contested should be tried by all guilds not just the HM ones.

That is my thoughts on the gear progression. Heroic should have daily missions like they have since TSO for shards/tokens for the gear which may or may not also be tied to Faction (which I like). Solo gear should be marked as Treasured so F2P's can use it. We liked out Dailies and our Dominences, we enjoyed our last-boss/rare mob drops. We like our X2 raids. CoE is missing core aspects established since TSO before the dev-swap started to weaken the game. There will always be problems but there are foundatains to any expansion.
    - 9 new zones is established since... ever.
    - 3 full raid zones maybe 2-3 single boss instances (Zarrakon, Venril Sathir, Leviathan)
    - 4 Solo zones based on some of the heroics (more is fine if there is time)
    - 1-2 Overland zones where there is a full 100 quests at least for each zone.

Just a few things I think players have expected from this game since TSO/SF brought them about.
  7. Chronus Active Member

While technically not CoE PoW loot is really something handled badly. The items need to be 92 or even 95 for mitigation, protection and most importantly new adornment issues. The mythical cloak effects are ridiculously pathetic in every way shape and form on some classes, including all 3 that have been modified already. It was quite frankly utterly insulting to see the change to the warlock cloak, it's as though Kander doesn't know what the heck goes on while playing a warlock.

Now actual CoE stuff.
    Oligar Hardmode cloaks are essentially useless for dps mages and probably scouts due to the obvious downgrade from a refined and experimented mastercrafted fabled cloak. For the rather stupid fight that these require to get (now it's been fixed) only bards and enchanters will consider them, even then some will rather use the mastercrafted cloak.

Weapons only having 1 white slot is ok in my opinion because it keeps Teku weapons the best in the game.

Needs less ammo conservation, hate gain, hate loss, strikethrough, bad damage proc, etc adorns that are useless on armor and red slot drops.

How about some set bonuses on Hardmode gear?
  8. slippery Well-Known Member

God please no set bonuses on jewelry, let that die. All it creates is an environment of punishing you for upgrading single pieces of gear.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Slip, that is one thing I can agree on. I still have Drunder bonuses over Skyshrine because of that set-bonus. It causes players to stagnate and not upgrade, as does trying to make a year old zone remain current. I don't have to say which zone but CoE should have replaced it and been working/harder than it is. Maybe EM seems like Walk-in-the-Park mode to me because of my gear though so could a casual/EM raider let us HM Raiders know how the EM content bears up to what you are used to?
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

They may have replaced one white with a yellow, but many of those double white adorn weapons had a proc already.

But it is only solo loot, and some heroic as the loot tables cross over.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

And bracers and earrings don't have green adorns, so your argument Wurm is flawed. And all necks have them, new and old.

Gear is supposed to progress. Not take one step forward (increased base stats) and one step back (lose good effects)
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Most of the older procs sucked to begin with. I'd rather have one white slot less and be able to chose what I want to do using a yellow (or even better a red) adorn.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

You focus on the procs a bit to much, my bracers for example... one has a proc that increase my mitigation by 2% when it procs. Trust me the 2% isn't going to stop a hard mob from curb-stomping me, the other Skyshrine era bracer doesn't have a proc at all.

And the 3 green adorns you can wear since CoE more than makes up for the difference.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

You're right, no effect is goin to stop a HM mob from stomping you. No single piece of gear does. It's the cumulative effect of everything.

On my main and a couple of alts, I'm sacrificing effects such as MA/DPS/Atk buffs, 3-12% CB procs, ward procs on my warden, etc

It's kind of significant when they all add up. And 2 extra green adorns does not make up for it (the ears, as all necks have a green so you can't say it's 3).

The belt from a collection quest that costs less than 20pp, has two white and one yellow. So it's actually on a par with old skyshrine raid belts only you can pick your yellow proc. Just a shame I've found nothing but a 12 atk rune that goes in that slot so far.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Which collection quest? I've been looking for a new belt...
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh OK already muted it. Thanks for the link though! :)
  18. Bolbir Active Member

I woudnt mind that the new CoE hm loot was better then my 2 year old pow loot was better ;)