CoE Advanced Solo Gear for mages

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Snowhaze, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Snowhaze Active Member

I've been running the Advanced Solo dungeons and am beginning to wonder if its worthwhile to continue as I keep getting the same slot drops. As a mage class, am I only ever going to see 160+ cloaks, charms, neck, rings and weapons? I've seen other slot drops for other classes like earrings and helms that I could pass on to my alts.

Is my next step for upgrading to move onto heroic group dungeons in CoE for my primary slots like robe, legs, hands, helm, etc? Are there any older expansion dungeons like SS or ST that would offer decent gear upgrades for my 130 stat stuff? I'm max level and AA, so I don't need to do dungeons for xp, just the gear, so it doesn't matter where I go in that respect.

Thanks for any assistance.
  2. Rebekha New Member

The armor drops in the heroic instances and the jewelery drops in the advanced solo instances, except on the rare occassion the fabled armor piece drops from the last boss mob. I have gotten one of those so far and it was for a Fury, Warden. :mad:
  3. Snowhaze Active Member

Do specific pieces drop in specific places by certain named mobs? If so, is there a list anywhere that might have where to go for what pieces? I did a brief search but couldn't find anything.
  4. The Jones Active Member

No, it's totally random from what I can tell. All zones seem to share the same loot tables. If you are able to, you should run wurmbone's end and fight the last guy in hard mode to get three items at a time, but that's not easy to do if your toons are in average gear unless you have a healer. All of my healers can do it with a merc and my SK in advanced solo gear can do it as well.

It works great with a warden because you can train to the end without getting rooted. Fury/Inquis can run to the end without much trouble as well because of the good cures.

If you only have a mage this might not be an option. If that's the case i'd just run whatever instance you can clear the fastest then because the same gear drops in every one.
  5. Dinwiz Active Member

run group zones get obols buy gear from npc
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I would just like to say that I hate how absolutely everything this expansion is random. Especially in Solo zones. A soloer should be able to say "I want a BP" so he should go kill Prime Melgate Mrelg "The All Tender" to have a shot at a BP or just getting some random trash, maybe a TREASURED transmutation stone for his time. That or he can kill it HM and have a much better shot at that Legendary BP or maybe even a low shot at the FABLED one... see the thing is he now has decided what piece he wishes to pursue and it is not left to a dispariting RNG system.

Random is good in some aspects but when it is the only aspect you have it is infuriating to run the same thing for hours on end knowing there is a FABLED or LEGENDARY flagged item and never get it because "the RNG hates you"
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

No. It's all the same. All CoE Solo Advanced zones drop 1 chest. Sleeper's Tomb drops 2. Wurmbone's End HM gives 3. All from the same loot table. The Fabled items are quite rare.

http://eq2wire.com/2012/12/06/the-chains-of-eternity-collaborative-loot-project/2/