Cobalt Crate Rare Mount Buff

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sowy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Sowy Active Member

There is something horribly wrong with the drop rate of this item in the crate.

I know one person that's spent over $8000 and not gotten it and another that's spent over $3000. I realize the drop has to be in because some people have discovered it but the rarity of this crate compared to previous crates is completely different.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Twofeets Active Member

Hell, I still havent gotten the familiar buff. I used my 500 DBC every month to buy crates, spent a few hundred dollars more on crates, and still never got the familar buff. I dont even want to think about the mount buff....
    Cassta likes this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

8K, really and I thought $300 was too much to spend on it :)
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

There is no point in spending more than it takes to get 7000 coins because then you can just buy it off the merchant.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No it's not "completely different". This is the same complaining that happened over Ergrott, the blue lion mount.

The thing to keep in mind is that DBG does NOT WANT YOU TO GET THE RARE THING. They do want you to blow real world money on TRYING to get the rare thing.Don't ever EXPECT to get the thing you most want.

Set a hard budget for how much money you are willing to set fire to, how much you can afford to lose with no gain, and then gamble only with that amount. Do the daily heritage crate Overseer mission, use your DBC500 monthly to buy crates, but don't spend money you can't afford.

If people have $8K to blow, more power to them. My spouse would kill me dead if I did that!
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Sowy Active Member

Basically what you are saying is "I have no idea how hard it is to get these since I don't buy enough of them, but i saw people complaining before so it must be the same"

It's not the same. The odds are catastrophically different now.
    Melt, Cassta and Obano like this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

Very much this ^. The rarity is not even remotely the same.

I don't know anyone who has the mount buff. Back with Ergrott, Miricus, and Blood ember infusion my friends ended up getting it before me and that motivated my to keep spending money until I got it. This time around a bunch of people were plowing money into boxes and nobody got anything. So it is like it doesn't even exist.
    Melt, Cassta and Sowy like this.
  8. Paragonvii Member

Hey friends! So when I came back to the game I used my DB cash on the heritage crate and got the T REX mount and buff. My son flipped his lid lol. I was a pretty happy camper (i still am over that!). Not sure if this is the same thing were talking about but I think its really cool.
    Obano and Breanna like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the drop rate.

"It is a fantastic addition to the game and if you don't like it then don't buy it."
    -- Corporate Commander
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

No Idea why they did not learn: If a price is too high revenue goes down

I think there are a lot of players who buy the new familiar, but none of them is willing to spend a huge random amount of money for the buff,
    Steelviper, Priority and Obano like this.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

This. Set a buy now price, I'm not interested in gambling. I don't enjoy it, I don't win.
    Steelviper, Beee and Obano like this.
  12. MSMS New Member

Actual EQ2 is crazy RANDOM pay to win for getting items out of the heritage chests - geen for the new buff (Tolan's Darkwood Rare Mount Pack) - red for the old buff (Blood Ember Rare Familiar Pack)

Both should be buyable for reachable ingame currency (like 1000 Jadeite Medaillions)

You can't reach a player having these p2w buffs.

Both unreachable buffs were the reason why at least 5 players quit

PS: I opend about 400 green chests.. whithout succsess
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

I think 7000 Jadeite Medaillions is fair price for the buff considering how OP they are. What they should do is put all the buffs on the merchant as soon as the new chests drop.

The gambling part of the getting these buffs things is dumb. Some people spend $0 and get it for free while others spend thousands and get nothing. I can't emphasize enough how much I hate the gambling. I don't even buy lottery tickets because I understand it is nothing more than a tax on people who are "bad at math."