Clueless about a Mage Class to 85 for fun. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Stillwater, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Stillwater New Member

Good day. I'd like to make a level 85 character, but I'm not sure what one would consider fun to play given the content available.

Previously I only really reached like mid 30s on a Paladin, so I have a ton of stuff I can mentor down in level to with an 85. I also have a level 21 beastlord. I'd just really like to be able to solo storyline content and maybe play with groups, but as I live in the Philippines, finding a group might be tough. I also like making furniture for some odd reason, so I'll likely do that here again. with a new char.

I'm considering either making a coercer, necromancer, or Illusionist for that purpose, but I'm not too clear on their strengths, weaknesses and differences. Was also considering defiler, but healing other people was never my thing. Can you folks help me out?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

if you notice at the character creation screen, click the "create a level 85 character" and when that window comes up, you'll see on the left, you can try-before-you-buy option, to test a character for a level. That might be your best option to test a few classes before you commit to your free heroic on or before October 15th.

Coercer and Illusionist are utility classes, meaning you make other classes perform better and at higher levels they are somewhat in demand for power regeneration; Illusionists coveted by mage-heavy groups and coercer by melee groups.
    Necromancer is a nice one for someone that wants to learn a pet-class. You also can readily heal yourself and others, resurrect players, feign death and do some pretty good damage