Cloak of Pestilence

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

Hello all,
    I searched and saw very limited info on this. I also posted on the Items/equipment forum and have gotten no hits.
    Does anyone have this cloak and understand it?
    It has gone off for me twice so far, but not when I was in danger....and it burned my FD so I do not have it when I really DO need it. Is there any info on what will trigger it to go off?
    Has anyone else had this issue? Will it NOT work if you have already burned FD? Before getting it, I thought it was in addition to my FD.
    So, I have to ask, if it goes off when we do not want it to, and uses our FD, and will not go off when needed if FD is spent, is it of any use to us at all?
  2. ARCHIVED-bluegod Guest

bump

I haven't gotten the cloak yet but am working towards it and would really like to see eviljoe2's questions answered.

class? anyone? anyone? anyone seen this before?

--
    edited to say something more than just "bump"
  3. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

In my experience the cloak is a waste of time. It goes off when you don't want it to. It burns your regular FD if you have it as a class ability. I still wear my Sol Ro cloak even though I prefer the blessing and miracles from Bertox. I think the cloak might not be too bad for a class that has no FD of its own. But those classes have no use for the Bertox blessings and miracles. Pretty much a bad thought on the designers part. Looks nice on a mannequin and that is where it will stay until the devs change it.
    Personally, I think a cloak that gave a +2% spell crit would have been better. Or, perhaps an ability that increased summoner pets and/or dumbfires by 5% would have worked. But the feign death ability was just not well thought out.
    Look at the Tribunal cloak or the Karana cloak - those are actually very useful. My Inquisitor alt is just going nuts with the Tribunal cloak equipped. Even the Cazic Thule cloak is a better choice.
  4. ARCHIVED-ClawHammr Guest

So this cloak is a waste ?
  5. ARCHIVED-theninjahitman Guest

i have that cloak and for the month or two of playing with it, its gone off once, total waste of time (good job btw soe), i use a treasured cloak that gives extra int/hp/power, and sometimes my innoruk cloak which has a lifetap (because thanks to soe we dont have enough lifetaps)