Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Drewna, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Drewna New Member

Been trying to play the game again, and been facing session-breaking crashes over and over. My launcher works fine, loads the pre-assets no issue (even used the validate assets check). I set the whole game to be downloaded in the background, not after playing for more than a few minutes the whole client crashes with a fatal error, and something about a texture or skin. Now it's gotten to the point, I can't even get past character select. There is nowhere to just download the full client outside of the smaller client. This is extra problematic, as the indicator of the client download seems to reset back to ~22 GB every time I start the client up again.

This is insane, if anyone can help, that'd be great.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

make sure you clicked that dx9c DL, are you tying to play with steam while you get the full DL? a little confused.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sounds like the streaming client to me. Go to the EQ2 home page and get the full download directly from them. I believe you also need to check the box in the little toolbox saying you want the full download if you try doing it from the launcher.
    Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Drewna New Member

Thanks guys, found the checkbox in the launder to do the download instead of the in-client one. Much faster, and seems to be doing the trick so far!

Appreciate the help!
    Cheallaigh, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Glad it worked for you.

Welcome to Norrath, play your character your way, enjoy the journey, and above all have fun.

If you end up on AB, look me up, send a tell or in game mail if you need help.
    Drewna and Rosyposy like this.