Client crash at "Loading Entity Resources"

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Therendil, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Zimbros Guest

This exact crash scenario happens to me multiple times per day. There seems to be no pattern as to which character or which location the crash will happen at, and I would note that it happens when trying to load to the character select screen (which is that zone with all the waterfalls), not directly into a game zone. As some people have said, when you do get eventually into the game, the shaders are all messed up for some characters... so that seems a prime suspect. I've never crashed going from the character select into the game on a chosen character. The crashes are always between the patcher and the character select screen when the game launches.
    I have found that nothing (rebooting, deleting files, etc.) reliably prevents it, it simply might appear that it did due to random chance. If you get the crash, and simply try restarting a couple (or a couple dozen) times you will eventually get in. So, to me it is some kind of bizarre error that may or may not manifest itself under the same circumstances.
    Tracking down the cause of this is going to be impossible until they can reproduce it reliably in their own facilities. I'm just wondering how they are not having this problem in their test environment, since it is hitting my son and I constantly on different operating systems and machines.
  2. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Zimbros wrote:
    EXACTLY!
    Now I am wondering if it is only ATI card users that are posting here? Reason why I am asking is I asked a friend of mine who plays who uses Nvidia, and he says only sometimes does he crash.
  3. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

Having the same issue as of today. It seems to happen once a day or multiple times a day.

It crashes at Loading Entity resources. However when I start a second time it appears to work.

And I'm using a Nvidia card.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

No crashes. Just hangs and the need to use task manager to end the game.
    Everytime EQ2 hangs, the UI log is filled with errors and I don't even use third party ui's or add-ons.
    Alertlog gets this:
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="exp04_rgn_timorous_deep" loc="2677.35 126.22 1135.12" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5638): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! (cooked/ui_fx/fx/sourceimages/simplesprites/lightpuffalpha.dds)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! (shaders/code/genericaura.vdl)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! (shaders/templates/particle_add.vdl)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! (shaders/templates/particle_fast_add_fatline.vdl)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! (shaders/ui_fx/particleshaders/fatline/streak_drop.vdl)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="2818.40 131.80 1159.17" performance="7" alert="E:\dev\eq2\live\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(114): Resource leak! ()"
    and the UI log gets this:
    Couldn't load .xml
    Encountered data outside of container tags
    (and add about 60+ more "Encountered data outside of container tags")
    These logs seem to change with each hang. If I avoid Gorowyn totaly (which is hard to do, since most of my characters are citizens) the alertlog is absent, the UI log is empty and the game is problem free.
    I hope the alertlog gets sent off to SOE and that is why it disappears.
    What I notice about this particular alertlog that is different from the previous ones I was able to catch and view, is that the SOE build is missing along with the version string.
  5. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Ooh yay...now I got a crash when I was switching toons using the /camp (charname) command.
  6. ARCHIVED-Coolit Guest

I'm still getting this and have been since AoD hit, I have an ATI card also btw.
  7. ARCHIVED-Felynx Guest

This is still an issue for me, although I have found a way to pretty much eliminate it - at least as far as I am concerned. I run the following batch file immediately after logging in to the launcher and before clicking "Play:"
    RD /S /Q B:\Games\EQ2\assetcache\ & COPY C:\Users\***\Desktop\Test\music\MX_GU62_MAIN_THEME.mp3 B:\Games\EQ2\music\zones\_exp08 & COPY C:\Users\***\Desktop\Test\music\FREEPORT_GUILDHALL.mp3 B:\Games\EQ2\music\zones\Guildhalls
    I do believe that the "assetcache" folder is the culprit - again, at least as far as I am concerned. I have not crashed once since I began running this batch file - and I have been running it for 3+ weeks now. The music "copy" is just something I did for Frostfell, and also because I enjoy the "Old" EQ2 theme more than the new iteration.
    FYI, I have a Nvidia graphics setup.
    Hopefully this will help some folks out.
  8. ARCHIVED-Snagltuth Guest

This is still happening randomly since Thursday's update, but sometimes hangs for 5 or 6 seconds at Loading Entities before crashing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rynir Guest

As of the 28th of December I have been experiencing this issue. My character is currently stuck in the guild hall. When I try to load them I get spammed with 5 or so memory error windows during the loading entity resources progress bar. After that my computer seems to lock up completely.
    This only happens when I try to zone into the guild hall. I usually avoid it but thought I would try it today and I came across the same problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

I'm randomly crashing while loading entity resources. I also started crashing yesterday while just running around Kunark, and today (while still leveling in Kunark) I have been progressively crashing more frequently, it's to the point where I can't stay logged in for more than a minute before crashing. This is ridiculous. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't help anything. I've tried using 3 different nvidia drivers, which didn't resolve anything, so I went back to the newest drivers.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

If you are new to the thread please make sure that you have opened a support ticket to include your DXDIAG/MSINFO files. This issue can and does have multiple causes and we need to sort them properly so we can make accurate recommendations.