Clickable Charm Reuse Timers

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Savina12, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Savina12 New Member

Charm reuse timers now appear to be linked to the actual charm slot.

Let me explain: I have 4 clickable charms (Red scale, card, effigy's, purse) that I rotate through. I use hotkeys to activate the first two during a fight. Both have a reuse timer of 2 minutes. After the fight, I use a macro to auto-equip two (unused) additional charms. Before today, I could use those charms immediately in the next fight, but unfortunately they now inherit the reuse timer of the first two charms used once moved into the charm slots. If I move the second set of charms back to my inventory, I do not see a reuse timer counting down. I do however see a reuse timer counting on the first set used if moved to inventory.

As soon as I move them back into the charm slot, they continue to count down. Is this a bug or intended? Didn't see anything in the patch notes.
    Faelen likes this.
  2. Faelen Active Member

I hope this is an unintentional change, what with the amount of charms that exist.
  3. Caith Developer

That was actually a bug fix, charms should have been linked to your slot since the expansion, however many of them lost that link. That was corrected in today's patch.
  4. Savina12 New Member

Thanks for the response. This does bring up another question. If I have an item, charm "A", with a reuse timer of 5 minutes, I cannot use charm "B" "with a reuse timer of 2 minutes until the 5 minutes of charm "A" has cooled down. Is that intended?

Having the ability to rotate charms was pretty amazing in itself...Why the sudden need to change it up? I understand the impact in PVP, but in PVE, it makes things a bit more enjoyable. Not to mention it upped our DPS and rewarded those that put in the time to get the charms... or those that can afford to buy the nice ones :)

I'm not seeing the downside... Lot of positives overturned in this update.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

It does seem strange. We're limited anyway on a per fight basis as you can't switch them mid fight, but having them all on the same reuse time makes them less "good".
  6. Tekadeo Active Member

This change is GARBAGE.

Bug fixes don't take 2+ months to get noticed. You are nerfing people who put in extra effort.

Reminds me of the big proc nerf in TSO that caused a large chunk of players to quit.
    YOU DO NOT MAKE SWEEPING CHANGES TO FUN THINGS MID EXPANSION. NERF THEM IN BETA OR **** THE BUSINESS.
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Don't we all wish that were true...

(In this case, though, it really was a bug fix. Xelgad's Itemization Magna Carta said, back on Nov 12th: "The reuse on these charms are also linked to the equipment slot they were used from - so using a charm from the left charm slot will prevent that slot from being able to use other effects until the reuse has finished.")
    Kraeref, konofo and Foretold like this.
  8. Salbain Member

Why in the heck are there 50 charm options for each class then? Granted some are worthless and always have been but why not allow us to use some of those other charms as prefight clicky.

On a side note.. the Eye of Bertoxx is still worthless. Apparently Killing Chamber from a heroic instance still beats the Avatar charm.
  9. Tekadeo Active Member

Nice to know I can clean out my bags of all these formerly fun clickies and just keep my Killing Chamber and EV Charm.

Until they nerf those too....
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Honestly, I really wish this would be reconsidered. I think there was a bit of a fun factor involved for those that did the "pre-clicky" collecting of charms which was not game-breaking.

If it isn't game breaking, and some people enjoy it, why not let it continue? It is a fun thing for a few of us.
    Le Clown and Malleria like this.
  11. Vipersx Member

I agree that they should reconsider this "Bug Fix." Having the chance to swap out charms prior to engaging in combat did add a fun factor.

They talked at SOE live about how they loved how people were swapping gear and AA while doing the Duo Zones and that going forward that was an idea they wanted to instill in the expansion. As we can see so far, that is exactly what they did. As an assassin i have 3 and half :p sets of gear. One for Hitpoints, one for WDB, and one for pot/crit, and a few piece i swap out for AOE fights.

There are a ton of click-able charms now available in the game. Some have their pluses and negatives. It is fun trying out different combinations and seeing what works for different encounters. Having the reuse time shared limits our ability to do this and takes some of the fun away. Games are about fun, and i fail to see how this "bug" was effecting the game in a negative manor. This was not fixed for months, and i don't see the "Need" to fix it now.

That said i do really like the expansion and will continue playing :) Just hope you might reconsider this "bug" fix. Even though it might have been unintentional, sometimes the greatest innovations are unintentional. So please do consider the fun factor that this was adding to the game. If you think about it, it fits exactly with the vision you talked about adding to the game at SOE live.
  12. Le Clown Active Member

edit: good luck on your frozen mana's all
  13. Dyynah New Member

It's been broken for ages. Thx a lot for the fix at last.
  14. slippery Well-Known Member

They said at SoE Live that this was the intent
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

So, does this only apply to charms that have to be equipped to be used, or all charms? If all charms, then the first time you equip it, it sets the slot that shares the reuse timer with all other charms attuned in that slot?

Thing is, last night I was having trouble with my bogstrutter movement speed stick working, for the first time ever, and I had not even used any charm slot items for hours. I had to reequip it several times and use it before the speed buff would apply. Am wondering now if something broke a bit with this charm reuse change.
  16. Caith Developer

Nothing changed with the Bogstrutter Walking Stick with this patch, this is something we have to enable on each individual item. The code for this has been active since the Temple of Veeshan expansion launch, and also hasn't been changed.

How it works is: any charm that is flagged to propagate it's re-use time sets a matching cooldown on the charm slot in which it was activated. Until that cooldown expires, that charm slot can no longer be used to activate another effect.

If you continue to have an issue with the Walking Stick, let me know and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Can the slot location be changed? I tended to just equip from my bag to attune a charm reuse item, so almost every one was attuned to the first charm slot.
  18. Caith Developer

It places the re-use on the slot it was used in, so if you use it from slot 2, then slot 2 has the timer.
  19. Le Clown Active Member

lol, how coincidental this fix occurred with the release of these .

Like mogrim said, don't see the harm in letting us have 'pre-pull clickies', especially in regards to the quantity. Oh well, two more bag spaces relieved and less buttons to push :)
  20. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

As stated, this change was well-documented well before the expansion dropped. Anybody who was collecting charms to be used as pre-battle clicks was exploiting a bug. I'm not condemning anybody, I used to love keeping the effect from Ill Will after it was unequiped, but when you're exploiting a known bug, you sort of have to expect that it won't last forever. And no, ignorance really isn't an excuse.