Cleric Steadfast/Templar Sanctuary?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dahmer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

So...I have few questions about Steadfast and Sanctuary working properly in the Battlegrounds?
    It seems that i am continually getting interrupted in the battlegrounds~ I know when we move/get knocked back and around it does break our Steadfast~ But what concerns me is that i will be standing in one spot for any given length of time, and i will be constantly getting interrupted when trying to cast? This happens alot more when i have pets attacking me?
    Considering that i have only played a Templar i do not know much about other classes~ I know Templars have an ability from AA's called Skull Crack which interrupts our target~ Maybe other classes have something similar but it's able to break our immunity during PVP?
    I do have max points in Steadfast/Steadfast Resolve~ I also have the priest BG adornment that procs an immunity to interrupts~ Maybe having all 3 bugs it out in some way?
    On to Sanctuary~ From what i understand Sanctuary in PVP has an additional effect that prevents tanks from taunting you~ Many times when i have cast Sanctuary and i can still see Sanctuary running in my window~ I will still be forced to target some tanks?
    I have had these two issues in the Battlegrounds since Test. I tried researching both issues but have yet to hear anything official from the SOE staff~ Are these bugged or are they working as they should in the battlegrounds?
  2. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    Sanc stops taunt locks, not taunting to a target. And if steadfast gets dispelled, and you don't move after, it appears it wont' reapply till you move.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

Thank you for the explanation of Steadfast~ Never knew it could be dispelled, and actually now that i think of it, i have never actually seen it dispelled in my chat window? Typically when anything is dispelled whether it be a heal, a temp buff anything, it tells me that it has been dispelled~ That being the case, how would i know it has been dispelled and to move to reactivate it?
    Sanctuary i am still getting locked~ I will look and still see sanctuary running, and have to spam my F keys trying to change targets all the while getting the message "you cannot change targets at this time"over, & over again. I have seen this target lock issue more times with Pallys/Zerkers~~ Not sure if it has anything to do with those particular classes?
  4. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

I've seen it dispelled before in some PVE fights, mainly 2nd to last named in Conservatory, so it doesn't surprise me that it could be dispelled PVP, didn't realize you'd have to move for it to reapply though.
    Non-PVP related, though maybe this can be replicated through the PVP ruleset as well, I do know that if my templar has steadfast active, and gets a stifle effect placed on her, the stifle never takes hold but when steadfast reapplies at the 4 second mark, any spell I'm casting ends up with me getting interrupted if the stifle effect is still on my templar.