Classes, Races, and Factions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by JTS FG, Jul 14, 2017.

1. JTS FG New Member

Hi All,

Is there a comprehensive list of which classes and races can play on which faction? And maybe why?

So far I've found out that you cannot be a SK on the Qeynos side (makes sense since because that's how it used to be). But I was able to make a froglok assassin and start on the Qeynos side, so something doesn't add up?

Also, if someone made a swashbuckler and started on Qeynos, could they betray over to Freeport and still be a swashbuckler?

What about starting as an assassin on Freeport and betraying over to Qeynos, could they remain an assassin since you can start as one?

Thanks in advance for responses!
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Paladins and Conjurers are Qeynos/Halas and Shadow Knights and Necromancers are Freeport/Neriak. I think those are the only alignment based restrictions left.

Ogres, trolls, dark elves, arasai, sarnak, and iksar are Freeport/Neriak.

High elves, wood elves, halflings, frogloks, dwarves, and fae are Qeynos/Halas.

Everything else is wherever and whatever you want to be.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Good aligned classes (Qeynos)
    Paladin
    Conjurer
    Mystic
    Swashbuckler

Evil aligned classes (Freeport)
    Shadow Knight
    Necromancer
    Defiler
    Brigand

All other classes can start good or evil aligned.

When you create a character the races are divided into 1 of 3 sections. Good, Evil and Neutral, you can betray or purchase race change tokens and be a good or evil race in the opposite faction cities. The Neutral races can start in either city.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought they'd done away with segregating rogues and shamans.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

6. JTS FG New Member

It's odd that you can be an assassin/ranger or bruiser/monk on either side but they stop swashbucklers and brigands from being neutral. I would think assassins and rangers follow the good/evil stereotype a lot more than swashbucklers and brigands.
  7. JTS FG New Member

Thanks! Any guess as to why they did it this way? I.e. why did only some of the classes become restricted and not all of them? Seems rather arbitrary they chose swashbucklers/brigands and not rangers/assassins.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

No kidding, right?
  9. Ryuken Active Member

Agree, Assassins should always start out as Evil imo!